Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Apr 6, 2007, 9:28 PM   #1

I ran across this Pentax Lens Compatibility Chart that does a very good job of laying out the lens vs the various film and digital bodies.

Enjoy!

http://www.mosphotos.com/PentaxLensCompatibility.htm

... also there is another associated web site that does a great job of explaining what each of the lens types do

http://www.mosphotos.com/plensesexplained.htm
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2007, 12:21 AM   #2

And not sure I have seen specifically mentioned here "J" desination means no aperture ring... fine/no big problem for auto cameras but you can't put them on and old manual non AE /film body you might have.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2007, 7:19 AM   #3
TDN

hmm, he says on the J lenses, used on manual bodies:
Quote:
Not Recommended. While the lens does fit the body, the lens will always be set at its smallest aperture (for example f/32) and is therefore useless for practical shooting.
Doesn't the lever in he camera open the aperture fully? So it's used fully open, not fully stopped down...

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2007, 10:03 AM   #4

And very confusing mount section with contradictory/mutilple KAF and KAF2 sections with no distinguishing marks to separate/distinguish them.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 2:03 PM   #5

recently i bought some lenses on ebay, two outof five were sold as pentax k lenses but didn't fit well (on my k10d - almost ruined the stop down mechanism of my camera... some of you might've read that thread not too long ago). now that i've taken a look at those diagrams, i wonder what the mount of those lenses actually is, since there is no picture with a diaphragm actuator like the one on those two lenses.

can someone here tell me what mount this is? (i know the picture isn't the best but because of all these obstacles my motivation hit pretty much bottom... so i hope someone can identify it from this one)
Attached Images

sh4dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 2:55 PM   #6

it's definately not a K mount. the lock pin hole is 180° off. what make lens? somewhere on the lens should be some letters like K/AR, OM, or something like that. this could be a ricoh or a konica. the konica will fit the camera but will not seat. it's a K/AR mount.

roy
Old Apr 12, 2007, 3:36 PM   #7

ah i just found out that one of the two actually has a pentax compatible mount - i was just confused because the actuator is a little longer than on the other lenses and the latch that's usually right beside it is missing.

as for the other one - it's a porst lens and as far as i have noticed looking for letters and considering manufacturers doesn't necessarily work, just a short summary of my workinglenses:

osawa 28mm (says "p/k" on the mount)

ricoh 55mm (doesn't say anything about the mount anywhere)

auto revuenon 55mm (no specifics about the mount)

cosina 135mm (no specifics about the mount either)

tokina 70-210mm ("p/k" is inscribed on the mount)

so the ricoh lens actually works, plus the only thing i could find on porst which could indicate the mount is "mc". but it says that on the cosina and osawa lenses as well so i guess it doesn't mean anything after all.

well then the porst might have been a single mistake by someone. at least i hope i'll never come across a "pentax compatible lens"with such a mount again...

Old Apr 13, 2007, 12:04 AM   #8

sh4dow wrote:
Quote:
ah i just found out that one of the two actually has a pentax compatible mount - i was just confused because the actuator is a little longer than on the other lenses and the latch that's usually right beside it is missing.
You might find this recent experience of mine interesting.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80

Is that lens shot actually a Pentax lens? Gotta watch out for some of those old 3rd party K's on the current digitals. (Though many can be modified by removing pins or clipping long tabs.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 1:15 AM   #9

it's no pentax lens but the one made by porst i mentionedone posting above.

as for the lever you're talking about in the other thread -the one of the porst lens actually is about 1mm longer than the "original pentax lever". but it's also ~50% wider and on the opposite side of the lens. during fiddling around with it, i once got it on the other side (yep, that lever ismoveable 360° around the lens - well... some of it just with a little persuasion...) and i think that's also how i managed to mount it... still, i can't (and wouldn't) reconstruct the whole scenario, tried it out a few times but the lever now stays on that one side of the lens.