Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Apr 13, 2007, 7:25 PM   #11

Get an extra one before they stop selling them...That set up does look good...I'll have to thingk about making my own dividers for the next one I get....Got to have something for all my Cokin filter holders for all the different sized lens! LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2007, 8:01 PM   #12

let me know when you do. i'lltell you how i cut the dividers. simple and fast.

roy
Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:26 AM   #13

Roger.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 12:36 PM   #14

while you are there pick up a speed square and a utilty knife or blades. a craft shop has 1/8'' plywood and 1/8-1/4'' inch foam. a roll of double faced tape. what i did was cut all the wood first and installed it. the pieces that abut the case need to have the corners snipped off with some wire cutters. once they are all in mark the pieces where other pieces hit. i cut the plywood at 2 1/2'' and the foam at 5 1/8''. once everything is marked i used 1'' tape about 1/4'' up from the bottom. completely cover the slats w/foam. get the square and using it as a guide make cuts on your piece to remove the 1/8'' strips of foam from the piece. take a blk marker and go over the exposed wood area and you're set. this is easily reconfigured also.

roy
edit: the extra foam for the bottom and top came from a cloth store. it's headliner.. the white cover is foamboard gotten from the craft store. weighs about an ounce.
Attached Images

Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:55 PM   #15

I do Industrial maintenance and machine repair so all those things are already in my tool boxes both here and at work. Thanks for the tutorial. I'll be getting another one in a week or so and deal with it then. Thanks again!!

Dawg
Old Apr 17, 2007, 10:22 AM   #16

i'm a cabinet maker so stuff like this is a natural to me. plus i get to play with all these nice tools.

roy
Old Apr 17, 2007, 5:44 PM   #17

BigDawg,

I really love the boxes, and they are sturdier than I would have thought!! Thanks for sharing!!

Robar,

Great idea for making the partitions! Just being on the Pentax forum as a lurker still gives one the LBA, so this box and the partitions will come very handy!!

AND thanks to both of you, and the others on this forum, who welcome new comers to the forum and answer questions quite readily.

Best regards,

-thepusher
thepusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2007, 12:11 AM   #18

You are more than welcome for my part. I hope we can all be on a share and learn basis here. I came over from the Kodak forum here on Steve's and we have always tried to be a friendly and helpful bunch over there. So far it is much the same here. I think I'm going to like it!

Dawg
Old May 7, 2007, 4:23 PM   #19

Glad to see I'm not the only one using those. Got mine from Menards though, only $15 how can you go wrong? The one thing I wish is that it hada better seal for long term storage (I also use one for an old video camera).... but I guess what do you expect for $15.
fisheye4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2007, 2:44 AM   #20

And they even come in two colors.... silver and dark charcoal.... I opted for the traditional travel case silver (plus being in strong sun a lot... black not real good), but if you need more than one.... easy way to tell them apart.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote