Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Apr 8, 2007, 3:31 AM   #1

Yes you heard me correctly..With my growing lens collection..I've had to figure a way to carry and store them so the wife will climb down from my back and give me a break with the spurs!! Anywho I found these hard cases at Home Depot for $19.99 plus tax for each one...Soft lined inside with movable dividers. I used Foam as dividers for the long lenses and used all the dividers for the short lenses! Has a shoulder strap and a hanging tool pouch I had the wife take the stitches out so I could store some filters. Also has locks on the catches.

Dawg
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2007, 6:20 AM   #2

What are those 3 really long lens anyways?

Also what department of HD did you find the cases in and who makes them or what are they labeled as?
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2007, 10:04 AM   #3

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
What are those 3 really long lens anyways?

Also what department of HD did you find the cases in and who makes them or what are they labeled as?
The long lenses are left to right..
1. A Caspeco (Camera Specialty Co.) screw-mount 350mm prime lens. f /5.6

2. An Alpex screw-mount 400mm prime lens f/6.3

3. A Samyang K-mount A series 100-500mm zoom lens f/5.6-7.1

They are listed as Husky brand-- Aluminum Tool case and can be found in the tool dept. With the tool boxes!

Dawg
Old Apr 9, 2007, 2:33 AM   #4

Thanks BigDawg!!

I saw your post on the Kodak forum as well, and went and purchased 2 of those tool boxes, yesterday, from Home Depot!!

There is a similar toolbox available from Menards, a local hardware chain, which also includes a pre-cut foam insert. The only issue with the Menards version is that there is a strong chemical odour, both from the foam and the rubber lining. I will probablely return the Menards version of the toolbox.

Thanks for sharing!!

Best regards,

-thepusher
thepusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:12 AM   #5

i'll have to check these out. looks like a good deal.
roy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2007, 2:02 AM   #6

thepusher wrote:
Quote:
Thanks BigDawg!!

I saw your post on the Kodak forum as well, and went and purchased 2 of those tool boxes, yesterday, from Home Depot!!

There is a similar toolbox available from Menards, a local hardware chain, which also includes a pre-cut foam insert. The only issue with the Menards version is that there is a strong chemical odour, both from the foam and the rubber lining. I will probablely return the Menards version of the toolbox.

Thanks for sharing!!

Best regards,

-thepusher
You're very welcome Pusher...That's what we are all here for..To share and help! Well how do you like them?

Dawg
Old Apr 10, 2007, 2:36 PM   #7

dowg<

picked one up this morning. i need to make some more dividers but what a deal. unfotunately the are 2'' short for my largest lens.

roy
edit: where did you get the closed cell foam???
Old Apr 13, 2007, 2:25 AM   #8

From work...They used it to store tooling for Hydromet Presses to form teflon billets. The left overs they were throwing away so I claimed them to provide a decent home for them to remain useful...( Supervisor gave me permission)...The pieces I got were brand new but useless to them as they needed 4' by 3 foot slabs and these were the left overs!

Dawg.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 3:38 PM   #9

finished mine yesterday. i made all new dividers,added some foam on the bottom and on the insert for a top. also opened up the pockets to hold larger items.

roy
Attached Images

Old Apr 13, 2007, 4:00 PM   #10

Very professional looking! I would have never guessed they came from a hardware store for only $20. Thats what I call thinking outside the box.

Thanks for sharing and I too will be checking out the local Home Depot. (Now Ineed to buy more glass tofill in all the voids I will have :G)
overkill is offline   Reply With Quote