Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:42 PM   #41

After 300mm , 135mm ,...then it is my Sigma 24-60mmF2.8.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2009, 6:57 PM   #42

DigitalGal wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys!
I came up with this topic while searching for more info on Pentax portrait lenses. I might add my experience with a Makinon 135mm F2,8 mf portrait/macro lens.. I do agree to te previous posters about the room needed to use it.. otherwise you might get a person piece by piece.. It is quiote a soft lens wide open giving such a lovely smoothness to the subject.. to get a shorter distance I am using a macro option.. I love how it works also in low light, with an artifical light.. I'll enclose only one portrait this time of my smallest daughter Dagnija, taken from a short distance with a macro enabled.. no room otherwise..

[line]This photo is taken when she has gone to bed, late in the evening:

EXIF data:

Camera: Pentax K10D Exposure: 0.125 sec, it was wide open, since I did a hand held shot.. ISO Speed: 320

Irena
Why not just post the more decent size directly? Now even laptop has a resolution of 1600x1200

Irena,

Interesting exif showing the focal length being 150mm?? I am sure that it is MF lens likely shot at F. 5.6 given the DoF and what you said about the softness wide open. I am interested in using longer lens for portrait as I am also a birdie shooter.

Interesting use of a great lens on a very photogenic subject handled with considerable thoughts on framing and composition.

I recall Pentax M135mmF3.5 were like this too.

Daniel

Exif:

Lens focal length: 150
Sensing method: 2
Custom rendered: 0
Exposure mode: 0
White balance: 0
Focal length in 35 mm film: 225

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 6:50 PM   #43

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Lando wrote:
Quote:
again here to bother

I'm wondering which is a good portrait lens for pentax.
I know that for Canon and Nikon the 85mm prime lens is considered ideal, but i can't find this kind of focal length for Pentax, expecially for used manual lenses.
There are Pentax 85 mm lenses, two A* 1.4 on ebay right now. Count on a final bid around 1000 USD. There is also a FA* version, auto focus.

I have the A* 85 mm and can confirm that it's superb. I also use the FA 50mm1.4 for portraits, and the A*200mm 2.8 when I want the benefit of distance.

Sample, FA 50 mm 1.4:
This is an excellent photo. The clarity, exposure, lighting, composition are excellent. It's obvious that the photographer has great skill...but your only as good as your tools. It's also obvious that the the Pentax 50 mm F1.4is a top notch 'tool'.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote