Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Apr 30, 2007, 3:33 AM   #21

Thanks Roy!
maj0rglitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 2:26 PM   #22

robar wrote:
Quote:
penolta wrote:
Quote:

As far as I know there is no such thing as a 2:1 lens.

And thanks for the comment on the images.:-)
penolta,
canon right now has a 65mm(?) lens that's a dedicated macro. really dedicated as that's all it shoots. you can not use it as a regular lens as it shoots only macros. the range is 1:1 - 5:1. i've seen some remarkable images from it and droll for it. shooting macros is a hit and miss effort because focus is such aprob. be sure to take a lot of images at high f-stops.

for me, off camera flash is a must.

roy

roy
You are right as usual Roy.

See here:

http://www.vividlight.com/articles/2914.htm

You macro work is light years above most of ours.

Thanks for sharing.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 3:11 PM   #23

I love my K100d and use it almost exclusively now, but as a hobbyist I've found that the most practical macro lens I can afford is already mounted on my trusty old Canon S3IS.
bill.guenthner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 5:24 PM   #24

Thereonce may have been a supermacrofor Minolta, too, but there isnot now onefor Pentax, which what this this forum is supposed to be about. This thread was intended to demonstratea capability of the kit lens supplied with Pentax DSLRs, and it has gotten way off topic. There are other forums for close-up, macro and nature photography and for techiniques, where some of these digressions would be more appropriately placed, and no place for some of the more intemperate personal conmmentsdirected at one oranother of the other contributors.

Some general comments from the Curmudgeon's Corner, not necessarily specific to this particular thread or forum or persons therein:

I moderate other (nonphotographic) forums which are less active than these, and thusable tobe more assiduously policed by their moderators than would be possible here. Factual disagreements are appropriate, but in order to maintain a civil and professional environment we do not allow argumentative, mean-spirited, personal, or otherwise offensive comments, and have had a few rare occasions to suspend members for failing to abide by the guidelines. It is thus necessary, especially inactive forums like these, that members self-police themselves to maintain a congenial and beneficial atmosphere so that topics can be profitably and meaningfully explored without driving members away. Contributors rely on reinforcement and encouragement to remain involved. Ignoring the mildly annoying ones often makes them lose interest and go away; reporting the more egregius ones to the moderator may result in suspension if they deem itappropriate. Sometimes contributors other than the intended targets get offended and are driven away. Also,band-width is expensive, and we do notencourage meaningless chit-chat that does not contribute meaningfully to the subject - it only distracts andcosts the site owners money. These are not really our forums -- we are guests in someone else's house and should conduct ourselves accordingly.

Pardon the pontification, but based on my experience elsewhere, Ican recognizesome troubling signs. These are great forums, and sometimes a dose of cold water is needed to head them off and keep things going smoothly. I hope no one is offended.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2007, 1:10 PM   #25

penolta wrote:
Quote:
Thereonce may have been a supermacrofor Minolta, too, but there isnot now onefor Pentax, which what this this forum is supposed to be about. This thread was intended to demonstratea capability of the kit lens supplied with Pentax DSLRs, and it has gotten way off topic. There are other forums for close-up, macro and nature photography and for techiniques, where some of these digressions would be more appropriately placed, and no place for some of the more intemperate personal conmmentsdirected at one oranother of the other contributors.

Some general comments from the Curmudgeon's Corner, not necessarily specific to this particular thread or forum or persons therein:

I moderate other (nonphotographic) forums which are less active than these, and thusable tobe more assiduously policed by their moderators than would be possible here. Factual disagreements are appropriate, but in order to maintain a civil and professional environment we do not allow argumentative, mean-spirited, personal, or otherwise offensive comments, and have had a few rare occasions to suspend members for failing to abide by the guidelines. It is thus necessary, especially inactive forums like these, that members self-police themselves to maintain a congenial and beneficial atmosphere so that topics can be profitably and meaningfully explored without driving members away. Contributors rely on reinforcement and encouragement to remain involved. Ignoring the mildly annoying ones often makes them lose interest and go away; reporting the more egregius ones to the moderator may result in suspension if they deem itappropriate. Sometimes contributors other than the intended targets get offended and are driven away. Also,band-width is expensive, and we do notencourage meaningless chit-chat that does not contribute meaningfully to the subject - it only distracts andcosts the site owners money. These are not really our forums -- we are guests in someone else's house and should conduct ourselves accordingly.

Pardon the pontification, but based on my experience elsewhere, Ican recognizesome troubling signs. These are great forums, and sometimes a dose of cold water is needed to head them off and keep things going smoothly. I hope no one is offended.
Sorry, but you may find that the 2 Pentax forums are slightly different, in that everything is posted, covering all topics. It helps us to keep thing organised in one place (well 2 now).

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote