Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old May 26, 2007, 12:58 PM   #11

Well all I can say is find yourself Pentax 50mm A lens before then.....

Again I credit it MUCH more than myself. or even the K10D SR... just a VERY happy coincidence of that and a tad of luck.... the LENS is what REALLY DID it... and you don't need to hock your house for one.... yet

Ps about 200 shots in 11 min... and between again credit the lens most and the K10D just helped.... out of them 170 were good and still saved.

PPS The exif is there if you care to DL it.... actually one of ther slower exposures realy like 10th sec I think (look at the streaked dropping struff around it)..... looked quite different live.... but the lens and SR made it what it is yet still bright and sharp..

And maybe for once likely no one will argue with me on this point..... but the 50mm A's are maybe the most afforrdabe *even at the time" highest quality lenses Pentax ever made for what they are (no macro, zoom , etc) but darn sharp and bright "normal" lenses.... again even then (now plentiful) BASIC then kit f/2's

You just can NOT go wrong with ANY A 50mm depending on what you are willing to spend and MF..... for the extra money some are better but NONE are bad... now stepped down 3 but that original again then kit f/2 still blew my socks off.... the 1.7 and 1.4 have just put my socks in orbit now :?

And no question aboutit started with the f/2...... likely will sel it and keep the 1.7 as the spare..... but now that the K's are taking offf... likely will evene unintionally make a profiy on it.....

Actaully almost tempted to corner the Pentax A 50mm market.... could be very profitable in the end, especially just buying up all the still cheap F/2's I can There are only so many out there and haven't been made in years.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 2:39 PM   #12

baltochef920 wrote:
Quote:
The absolute hysteria that many individuals seem to delight in fostering over the Hoya-Pentax merger..I feel that many people with the means to do so have used this hysteriato snap up the old glass so as to turn around and immediately resell it..That's the marketplace & how the free enterprise system works..Now that this merger is "a done deal" hopefully some of the hysteria will begin to subside
You are joking right????..... and I was sort of kidding about becoming a 50mm prime A lens flipper..... but that is how things work, and could be quite profitable actually.

For the old isT and early K adopters used has been good (of 8 I omly own one axtually NEW lens) but there is only so much old stuff out there.... especially the A class......still easy mount K-M even a market.... and then M42 screw will likely be around forever and pretty cheap if you want to go totally manual and back to the "good ol' (inconveiniant, easily striped thread) days"

PS Ever heard of a carriage return or paragraph???? One painful to read keep trak where you are post, ya got there... try reading it yourself.:shock:
Old May 26, 2007, 2:57 PM   #13

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
baltochef920 wrote:
Quote:
The absolute hysteria that many individuals seem to delight in fostering over the Hoya-Pentax merger..I feel that many people with the means to do so have used this hysteriato snap up the old glass so as to turn around and immediately resell it..That's the marketplace & how the free enterprise system works..Now that this merger is "a done deal" hopefully some of the hysteria will begin to subside
You are joking right????..... and I was sort of kidding about becoming a 50mm prime A lens flipper..... but that is how things work, and could be quite profitable actually.

For the old isT and early K adopters used has been good (of 8 omly on NEW lens) but there is only so much old stuff out there.... especially the A class......still easy mount K-M even a market.... and then M42 screw will likely be around forever and pretty cheap if you want to go totally manual and back to the "good ol' (inconveiniant, easily striped thread) days"
If you "Got the Bucks" the GO FOR IT!!!I'm not sure if I understood you in the previous post, But I already ownthe A 50mm F1.4..I just got it a couple of weeks ago, but have not used it much. Thanks Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 3:06 PM   #14

And you paid what for it???? Wouldn't be 10Xmore if a current FA or DA for the quality of the 50mm A's?

Sorry I got too lost in your all run together OP... never got more than half way though before my eyes started going bonkers trying to just keep track of where I was.

The second still all run together....

Was at least short enough to keep track of

Try Googling PARAGRAPH and CARRIAGE RETURN

The current 50mm 1.4 FA whie not real expensive is also not really is worth a darn.... why it is all over Ebay....almost more than the old lenses

The old A's are far supperior.
Old May 27, 2007, 10:17 AM   #15

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
The current 50mm 1.4 FA whie not real expensive is also not really is worth a darn.... why it is all over Ebay....almost more than the old lenses
hayward, i've got to agree with the PMs i get. you really are a fool.
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2007, 12:18 PM   #16
TDN

robar wrote:
Quote:
Hayward wrote:
Quote:
Amen.
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 12:12 AM   #17

Come on Roy, don't sugar coat it, tell us what you really think!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 2:31 AM   #18

robar wrote:
Quote:
Hayward wrote:
Quote:
Ahh so you are one of those back room(PM) back stabbers are you?..... I prefer to just let opinion be... and reach my own conclusions. Disagree just state your case... but now you have to (not surpisingly) LOWER yourself to NAME CALLING.... that's pretty sad, though sadly I can't say unexpected :?.

Ok so point me, to one place there is a GLOWING review of the FA 50mm 1.4.... because I haven't seen on no even comment here.... an no I havent had hand on myself.... but because of that no desire to either.

Now lets look at the OP's original QUESTION.... VINTAGE LENSES.... there are many values out there particularly the 50mm A' s I have had 3 versions of experience with..... the F/2 the TRUE bargain.... you want to spend a bit more so are the 1.7 and 1.4

And again if AF not an absolute need (or even AE or you want to go full manual with M or M-42)... much of the old Pentax glass is actually bettert han a bunch of especialy common AF/FA current glass.

I can really see one shooting action with a 50mm... maybe you might.... but slight time difference MF (if one has eye and skill) is not a big issue for me on a 50mm

And the A's are very nice lenses in the vintage realm... that still offer full AE functionality.

Old May 29, 2007, 2:32 AM   #19

TDN wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:
Quote:
Hayward wrote:
Quote:
Amen.
And god bless your self centeredness.... no other opinion allowed eh???

AND ALL IT IS..... never said anything I say IS GOSPEL.... though you and Robar might.
Old May 29, 2007, 3:00 AM   #20
TDN

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
Ok so point me, to one place there is a GLOWING review of the FA 50mm 1.4.... because I haven't seen on no even comment here.... an no I havent had hand on myself.... but because of that no desire to either.
http://www.robertstech.com/graphics/pages/50_14.htm

http://www.photographyreview.com/cat...0_3111crx.aspx

http://stans-photography.info/BriefC...m%20f/1.4%20FA

There's a few.

Saying that lens is "not worth a darn" is plain bs.

and if you're not convinced, do a search on flickr or pbase for the lens.
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote