Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jun 19, 2007, 3:46 AM   #1

Finally felt safe to mount after no aperture tab deflecion flange and an R lens (Though A/R)... but ball vs pin R contact type. (and my hesitation was not the R factor but the aperture tab not having the tapppered flange next to it, which was actually problem with a cheapo Soligor TC that the tab was deeper/longer than it should have been not the lack of the tappered guide flange. Evidentally that tolerance is tighter on the digitals than film Pentaxes. (End result it got hung up on the camera... seeming like the R Pin thing.... but actually wasn't.... fortunately an open TC not a lens so I could plier twist the top end of the aperture tab enough to deflect the bottom end enough to get it off. Still functional as a wide open (AV) TC but the stop down no longer works for a M lens.

And actually that was what did it.... piced up a manual 135mm (JC Penny... not sure actual maker but Koeria) and same thing no tapered flage but finally compared them to tru Pentax and tru clone lenses.... yup ok no guard, but same depth.

I will NEVER tust Soligor again!! R(icho) type A on the other hand not a problem, as long as its not pin, but ball type (and not Soligor) lens should be just fine. And now remembe ractually comparing that Soligor to something I had and it was noticeably longer/deeper..... at least it was mangling a $20 investment removable, and does still work wide open AV mode... which on a 2x is still like f/5.6 or 8...maybe even 11..
Attached Images

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2007, 3:46 AM   #2

One other
Attached Images

Old Jun 19, 2007, 3:50 AM   #3

And what I mean by ball vs pin type R(icho) lens..... to the left of the A/AF contacts there is a straight skinny pin stay away.... but is a ball bearing contact like this... it should l be fine.
Attached Images