Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jun 22, 2007, 7:03 AM   #11

umenon wrote:
Quote:
You asked .. and I 'deliver'. Taken with the 135mm f2.8 ... which incidentally cost me less than a medium all-topping pizza from Dominos. But we bake our own pizzas at home ... from scratch. Incidentally, I came home late in the evening and this is the best subject I could find after sundown.

This is the original frame ... converted from DNG to JPG and reduced in size for web. No other mods done. Shallow DOF. Focus pt is close to where that green olive is.

Taken handheld at ISO800. Use FXIF extension on Firefox to view EXIF info for this image.
Wow that is finger licking good man. You have a good deal with this gem.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 12:39 PM   #12

I found a copy of the same lens in a K mount with a very nice round case in excellent condition for $9.99 and $7.00 shipping. No one else bid on the darn thing. I think whoever owned it before me was very good about taking care of their gear.
Kenn
KennJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2007, 1:20 AM   #13

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
It looks like it is a Sears (M42 mount? or K mount) 135mmF2.8 made by Ricoh. If umenon paid like what a rich 20ish kids in the U S/EU has been paying to a barber, that may not be a good deal. We are still waiting for some pict to see if it is a great deal. There are also report that the lens may be hard to take out after putting in.

Daniel
Yeah, I noticed the EARS showing in the shot and figured that too.

I recently picked up the JC Penny verion of this lens for about $20, and it is KM. It looks identical other than the Knurriling on the focus ring. (mine if dots instead of solid stipes.)

EDIT... on closer examination of the OP pic, maybe not exactly the same lens, mine does't have the A-M switch.... so maybe that is a M42.... don't think the K's ever had that. umenon never did say which it was.

Haven't really "worked" with it yet, but the little testing I've done, the results are quite nice.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2007, 1:45 AM   #14

umenon wrote:
Quote:
You asked .. and I 'deliver'. Taken with the 135mm f2.8 ... which incidentally cost me less than a medium all-topping pizza from Dominos.
Is that at 2.8 by the way? And is it M42 or K mount?
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 10:36 AM   #15

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
I would not underestimate the lens if its optical and mechanical condition is perfect. If I am correct it is not a SMC version too. Post a couple of pict and we will know if it is a paper weight or a great lens.
Daniel, Toronto
It looks like it is a Sears (M42 mount? or K mount) 135mmF2.8 made by Ricoh. If umenon paid like what a rich 20ish kids in the U S/EU has been paying to a barber, that may not be a good deal. We are still waiting for some pict to see if it is a great deal. There are also report that the lens may be hard to take out after putting in.

Daniel
I have a Sears 135mm f/2.8 that I bought with my K1000 back in the late 70's. Never had a problem with it on the K1000 and no problems now on the K10D. Just a good lens. I can still get a flat top for 10 bucks here in Athens Alabama.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote