Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jun 20, 2007, 3:27 PM   #1
TDN

Someone just bought my Pentax-M 50mm f2 for 44,50 euros (about 60$)...that's more than I paid for my A 1.7 last autumn...I would have been happy with 20 euros.

strange place, that ebay

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2007, 3:48 PM   #2

Sounds encouraging with my incoming load of lenses... worse from a buying point of view, though.

Kjell

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2007, 4:58 PM   #3

i just bought one of those here for $8 delivered. it has haze on the lens tho.. BUT i got my handy dandy 3 point set spanner wrench today. i'd say $30-36shipped for this lens is more of a practical price.

congrats on the sale<
roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2007, 12:36 AM   #4

TDN wrote:
Quote:
Someone just bought my Pentax-M 50mm f2 for 44,50 euros (about 60$)...that's more than I paid for my A 1.7 last autumn...I would have been happy with 20 euros.

strange place, that ebay

Tom
Well ya know they aren't making any more old lenses.... supply and demand... though there are still tons on F/2's as they were the kit lens of the day both M and A.

Think I paid $25 for my F/2 A 50 and about $70 for the 1.7 A. Finally got a 1.4 A for around $115..... and all were pristine. Still I let several 1.4's pass by before that one because they did get too rediculous.... been looking aqqt some 1.2's, but they are real rare (very expensive option in the day), and very pricey and only slightly faster. The 1.4's will probably be that way soon then the 1.7's and even eventually the 2's.

Again with the blossoming popularity of the Penatx's since the K's and able to use anything.... the old are going away but even the PLENTIFUL 50mm f/2 are now climbing as well.

Not that many EBAY biodders don't study well and just get caught up in frenzy things.

Probably going to now sell my f/2 and 1.7..... but don't HAVE to so likely will wait a year when prices should have really gone up.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2007, 2:43 AM   #5
TDN

Yeah, I guess that's true, but still I consider 25 to 30$ a more "fair" price for this lens...

especially if you look at the ended auctions on ebay (this is how I determine the starting price), you'll see that these mostly go for less.

My Takumar bayonet 135mm 2.5 just went up to 54 euros, with 8 hours to go! I started that one at 25 and would have been happy with 30 euros. These always have strange prices. At the beginning of the month one went for 89 euros, 3 days later another one for 15...weird...

I can't believe some people still claim that pentax is losing marketshare (not on this forum, talking about another one)...the doubling of prices on ebay for pentax stuff says otherwise...

I'm not going to protest though, I can use the extra cash

Tom
Old Jun 21, 2007, 3:51 AM   #6

WOW!
I have the same lense sitting here waiting to be put on eBay.
I haven't got around to it yet because it looked like it would go for about 10€

Too bad I don't have time to put it on eBay now, I'll be going on holiday in a few days.
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2007, 3:51 AM   #7

TDN wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, I guess that's true, but still I consider 25 to 30$ a more "fair" price for this lens...
Yeah especially for a M f/2.... paid about $25 for my much more functional A f/2 and SMC too I don't think the M's were.... about 3 months or so ago.

(And just picked up a M 135 2.8 (though not Pentax) for about $30) Those are clmbing even faster.... seen some Petax M 135's go for like $200 lately. But again an option lens not a standard.

And just slightly more than you for my 1.7 A. 50... not sure if you meant A or M on that one.

At this rate I'd hazzard to say except maybe at a pawn shop there aren't going to be any DEAL old Pentax glass out there anymore.....within a year.

Just pricey collector items.

At least true Pentax.... might take a while to burn through all the old Sears, JC Penny, Vivitar, Sigma, etc.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 4:00 AM   #8

M's are SMC, well at least the 4 I have are.

nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2007, 4:19 AM   #9

OK wasn't sure on that boundry line.... a lot of the early K-M's were often just labeled K - Bayonet and MC, Though all Pentax A's I've seen are SMC . Guess SMC came in towards the end of the M era. Though pretty sure I have seen some labeled M (vs Bayonet) that weren't SMC.

The again it got weird after to..... some early F's weren't SMC or at least not labeled so. (When the Takumar name briefly came back, and even towards the end of that some were SMC)
Old Jun 21, 2007, 10:50 AM   #10
TDN

Whoa, the 135mm went for 82 euros.

Cool, looks like I'll be having a few beers extra

Anyone wanna come over, I'm buying!

Tom