Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jun 23, 2007, 12:06 AM   #1

Not the best in resolution ... but interesting to see what a Vivitar 200mm f3.5 (m42) lens can do when taken to the limit. The fly was very close to the nearest limit of its focusing range. In general, this lens is quite sharp. Its taken at f3.5.

Anyhow ... here it is in its original resolution / unsharpened form (cropped). I should have done a "smart sharpen" on this one. Too late.

And the lens ... (not my image)

umenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2007, 9:42 AM   #2

It looks like it is a capable lens. For that type of subject, I would be more interested in what it could do stoppped down in the f8-16 range. What you got is pretty good for wide open, especially cropped and unsharpened.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 4:05 PM   #3

that looks just like the one i just sold. after i got a LN one. you're not in el paso are you??? this is a superb lens!!!! it's just very few know it... this one's wide open..f3.5

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 5:22 PM   #4

No I am not in El Paso ... quite far actually.

BTW ... does anyone know how to change ones signature on this forum ? I went into "My Account -> Profile" and for the life of me cannot see where one changes their sig.

Thx //
umenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 8:06 PM   #5

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
It looks like it is a capable lens.* For that type of subject, I would be more interested in what it could do stoppped down in the f8-16 range.** What you got is pretty good for wide open, especially cropped and unsharpened.

Tim
Umenon

I agree. For it to have such performance wide open is exceptional.

I would like to commend that you post the pict first. That is important and very relevant in this forum. There is not much point for you to say that I have got this lens for almost nothing and meanwhile you withhold from giving any indication of its performance.
If I brag that I have bought an A*135mm for $20 and stop there, what would you think?
It would be a lot more interesting by posting pict and tell us a little more about how you have handled it. Sorry if I sounded that I was teasing you.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote