Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jun 23, 2007, 9:57 PM   #1

Thought this would go best in the lens forum. I got a t-mount to k mount adapter last week just for the heck of it. I didn't realize I was at 1600 ISO when I took the shots (could've done a fair bit faster, at least 800, the shot was a 1/125th). The lens is 1250mm focal length, f11. I'm pretty impressed for a first try! The focus was hard to get with such a long focal length (it would shake if I looked at it the wrong way!). Definitely worth the $12 investment in the thread adapter.

Maybe next time I'll try with my 1.4x teleconverter. kidding!
Attached Images

milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2007, 10:56 PM   #2

Not sure if others share my point of view .. but cutting down a 10MP image into a 0.167MP image and expecting kudos ... is a little silly.

As much as possible I post images in a resolution thats is adequate to judge its quality (more often than not its the orginal (or cropped) version of the image).

/\/\ax

http://www.collageoflife.com

umenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 11:11 PM   #3

thought some people might want to see an interesting picture, you're sure blunt as he77.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1164/...7737244b_o.jpg

i hope you that satisfies your curiosity.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 1:29 AM   #4

Here is another one of the same subject, in the region of the crater Archimedes. (Yes this picture is the right way up, I am in the Southern Hemisphere!)

About F1:16, a 120mm diameter refractor with focal length of 1000mm and aX2 teleconverter. A daytime shot, today. This is a 100% crop.
Attached Images

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 8:29 AM   #5

Nice shot. That is very close up with the teleconverter, you obviously know more about the moon than me! I just thought it would look cool on my desktop :-) My photo probably would've turned out better if I used my heavy telescope tripod instead of my camera tripod - unfortunately I never really did figure out how to properly use that equatorial mount, so to me its useless (I do understand it's concept, just never put it to use enough to get it down). At any rate, thanks for the reply!
Old Jun 24, 2007, 9:51 AM   #6

Nice pix...thanks for posting.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 10:45 AM   #7

Thanks for posting. Playing with the "Levels" would improve the contrast further.

/\/\ax
umenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 1:50 PM   #8

umenon wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for posting. Playing with the "Levels" would improve the contrast further.

//ax
Out of curiosity, what would you suggest? I've just recently started shooting in DNG raw format, but still want to keep editing minimal (try and get it right the first time!).

you're welcome to check out other photos from a recent trip to give some suggestions too; www.flickr.com/photos/pxpaulx - any suggestions are welcome!
Old Jun 24, 2007, 2:28 PM   #9

milrodpxpx wrote:
Quote:
Nice shot. That is very close up with the teleconverter, you obviously know more about the moon than me! I just thought it would look cool on my desktop :-) My photo probably would've turned out better if I used my heavy telescope tripod instead of my camera tripod - unfortunately I never really did figure out how to properly use that equatorial mount, so to me its useless (I do understand it's concept, just never put it to use enough to get it down). At any rate, thanks for the reply!
Thanks, fortunately I have a book with the major features easily marked! I too have an equatorial mount for my 'scope which I find incredibly heavy and clumbsy for non-astronomical use, so much so that I am in the process of building an azimuth/elevation mount. I find a big bean bag is quite good for resting the telescope on and the mass is such that it is a steadier mount than the tripod.
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote