Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jul 8, 2007, 12:44 AM   #31

This is just a small section of my F50mmF1.7 album in addition to what I posted earlier. I would not underestimate what the FA version can do at all.

These were all takin in Paris along River Seine ( late May). It is almost like an endless parade of gorgeous buildings/structures.

Got to plan another trip.

Daniel , Toronto
p.s. 2 last pict taken out as they are Zenitar shots
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 1:29 AM   #32

Impressing pictures of impressing architecture, Daniel. But the last one, was it really with the F50? It's got sometraces of a certain Zenitar...:-)

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 8:46 AM   #33

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Impressing pictures of impressing architecture, Daniel. But the last one, was it really with the F50? It's got someĀ*traces of a certain Zenitar...:-)

Kjell
Ooop. It is. I just moved that Zenitar pict to another gallery.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 9:51 AM   #34
TDN

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Hayward, since you have both the A and the FA, why don't you back up your statements with some sample pics taken under controlled conditions? My setup shouldn't be too complicated to repeat. (The table cloth really helps when checking if the focusing was correct, and also for inspecting centre/edge sharpness.)

Kjell
Wel like I have said I do intend to..... but not something on the top of my daily chain of things TO DO.... because I KNOW but it seems I only HAVE to prove it to you (vs some othe rA owners that can do MF).... I didn't make this up situations... and again TOTTALY in the low light ideal ( end of things of COuRSE SINCE YOU HAVE I assume true Pentax SMCA's YOU COULD ALSO PROVE OTHER WISE if so bothered.) Lots of moderate do anything lenses/still P&S recorderds out there..

And like again (Other poster not you) what is the point of a fast lens in bright daylight even the cheapest a$$ lens will do pretty well at F/8 and above)?

Again it s MY OPINION, casual day to day use A vs FA..... you want to argue it on that level go ahead.....

Has to be one time only shot.... no question at all I'd take the A 1.4 over the FA 1.4 (even manual) ANY DAY.

Sorry but so far MY IMPRESSION is IF you can handle MF the old A's especially for cost vs the CONVIENIENCE of FA do a far bewtter job..... you have yet to takele that side....

Agaqin not that the 1.43 FA is a not a good enough lense.... just sort of half assed and no way even lives up to it last generation A history.

If a CRITICAL no retake possible situation i Would use my A 1.4 LONG before even thinking about the 1.4 FA..... especially in a the FA vs MF a wash situation.

FA 1.4 is a NICE lens FAR from HORRID.... but does not live up to its so far used lower cost history if you can handle MF (even f/2 or 1.7 I'd BOTH put over for over all FRa 1,4 IQ if not 1:1 exposure equivalance, AND NEED OF and SPEED AGAIN WHERE MF IS NOT A PROBLEM)

Naybe they will come out with a Limited 50mm version that will excell for big$$$..... but sorry but for the AF CONVENIENCE the FA 50 just doesn't approach the old A 1.4 (and with current K's even AF confitming (not always spot on) it just beng an A VS FA/DA... whatever.
blah, blah, blah, blah...

As said before: where are the pictures?

You clearly love proving your point. Best way to do it is by posting comparison pics.

You can do a test in the time you took writing one of your rants, how does that sound?

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 9:54 AM   #35
TDN

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Impressing pictures of impressing architecture, Daniel. But the last one, was it really with the F50? It's got sometraces of a certain Zenitar...:-)

Kjell
Ooop. It is. I just moved that Zenitar pict to another gallery.

Daniel
So is the one of the bridge: EXIF: Focal Length = 0/1 mm = 0.00 mm

vs 50mm on the other ones

Nice pics Daniel! Paris is a wonderful city isn't it?

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote