Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jul 7, 2007, 1:33 PM   #11

You know, that might not be that bad because if it were I could sell it to a minolta/sony guy. Then I wouldn't be stuck with it. But thats interesting,.. that would mean we could use Minolta lenses on our cameras in apt priority mode, not that I want to, but just interesting...
BobTheNailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2007, 6:04 PM   #12
Administrator

robar wrote:
Quote:
i hate to say it but that looks like minolta mount
Nah...

The listing says it's for a Chinon camera. That may not be correct. But, it doesn' t look right for a Minolta AF mount.

It's got 8 contacts, and only relatively modern ADI compatible lenses for Minolta AF mount have 8 contacts (these pass more accurate distance information from the lens to camera for flash exposure purposes). Older AF lenses in Minolta mount have only 5 contacts.

On Minolta AF lenses, the screw drive for AF is located almost opposite of the contacts, close to the outside of the lens mount (and I don't see one there on this Chinon). The ridges for mounting the lens do not appear to be correct for Minolta AF mount either.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 4:38 PM   #13

thanks Jim and all...
maybe I'll just take it apart.. always was kinda curious about the insides of a lens. Maybe I''ll get a Holga and mount it on the front. I dunh no....LOL
Bob
Old Jul 8, 2007, 5:20 PM   #14
TDN

BobTheNailer wrote:
Quote:
You know, that might not be that bad because if it were I could sell it to a minolta/sony guy. Then I wouldn't be stuck with it. But thats interesting,.. that would mean we could use Minolta lenses on our cameras in apt priority mode, not that I want to, but just interesting...
Wait...you mean you can actually mount the lens on your Pentax DSLR?
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 6:14 PM   #15

Yeah,
I can take some shots in apt. priority mode. They are pretty good 2. But lens functions manuel not auto. there is a little a/m switch on it, but it dosent work.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 3:35 AM   #16

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
I have a Chinon 50 mm f1.7, and I had a Chinon 50 mm 1.9. Both work just fine on my *istDS, no problem at all. AFAK this should be the case with any Chinon lens, and all other K-mount lenses except some Ricoh- and Richo/Pentax bayonet lenses.

Kjell
For those with Ricoh/Pentax lenses often labeled R/A I'd be curious to know if that is definative from just R

I Have a SAMYUNG 28mm R/A and rather than the dreaded pin it has a ball (like the other K contacts) in the same odball position.... but it is of no issue on a Digital K like the R pin ones are... the sprung ball just rolls over the AF drive port.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote