Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jul 25, 2007, 10:32 AM   #1

if you need the manual for the 105mm vivitar,dine,kiron,etc. then i have the manual online for you in PDF format.

HERE

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2007, 5:18 AM   #2

Interesting to look over, and pleasantly brief, but I always sort of wondered why a manual for a lens is even needed. (Other than maybe a very specialized astronomical one, that like even no one here has probably) And the most needed thing missing is any company contact info.... oh yeah that would be useful info

The only thing maybe not completely intuitive to anyone knowing BASIC photography is the macro stuff and even that I'd probably get just looking at the lens markings, and not exactly covered in depth.

The Pentax DA 50-200mm comes with a 41 page one that really doesn't say much but the obvious and equally obvious legal BS. And its even a generic DA full line manual, telling you a bunch of stuff you don't even need to know for that lens.

Camera manuals sure... the K10D for instance is a complex beast (and still much has to be discovered by play).... but lens manuals??

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 4:52 PM   #3

H - you are an idiot.

D/L it and read it, or just say "Thanks for sharing Roy".

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 7:12 PM   #4

ditto dal

guess it doesn't matter that i took the time to scan my manual and assemble a pdf for it. and this s#!t comes from a DA that doesn't even have the lens.. go figure.

roy
Old Jul 30, 2007, 1:24 PM   #5

Darren is right. Thanks Roy.
Fred2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2007, 2:19 AM   #6

robar wrote:
Quote:
ditto dal

guess it doesn't matter that i took the time to scan my manual and assemble a pdf for it. and this s#!t comes from a DA that doesn't even have the lens.. go figure.

roy
Sorry for any offence, didn't realize you did it yourself.... but again what info is in there one would not intuitively know with any understanding of SLR's and lenses, and just slappinging on thacamera and maybe playing a little?? (I did read it)

And why I asked why most lenses even come with one, but for in our litigious society of today, the legalize idiot warnings, also not in manuals of that era.

(like you really need to tell someone not to imerse a lens in a sink and wash it, but that sh*t is in manuals of toay, largely out weighing the useful info for those who bought a body and never mounted a lens... but all that info is in tha cam manual as well)
Old Aug 1, 2007, 9:25 AM   #7

F O hayward!!
Old Aug 1, 2007, 5:30 PM   #8

robar wrote:
Quote:
F O hayward!!
Get Him Roy!
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2007, 1:12 AM   #9

robar wrote:
Quote:
F O hayward!!
And again appologise, I appreciate now that you PDF'd it yourself (but wonder really why)....what VALUABLE info was there... that anyone wouldn't just know to begin with... or just just achival resell it with manual value? Unless they were brand spanking new to SLR's and anyone buying that old a lens, likely would not be in that category.

And alsoagain why do most lenses even come with manuals, but for the legal don't be stupid and wash it in a sink or dishwasher sort of BS.

And DOF and all that stuff is covered in cam manuals. OK maybe the slight macro info but that is pretty intuitive too, to anyone with lens experience, and only a few basic lines coverering that.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 3:23 AM   #10

hayward, you dumb a$$
i didn't post this for you. who gives a sh!t if it's a meaningless manual. i did this for owners of the 105mm because i thought they might like to see if it's worth having. i'd appreciate it if you stayed out of my posts/threads. you contribute nothing but negative views. i just hope that newbs that come in here can see what an idiot you truly are.. you would also be surprised at the number of negative PMs that go around here..