Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Aug 4, 2007, 8:14 PM   #31

jachol wrote:
Quote:
Dawg, Kjell,

there's lots of truth in these homespun homilies, born of experience I'd guess. ... Jack
And you'll notice they are from Sweden and Thach Alabama but very similar.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:28 AM   #32

Well I'm either blessed or cursed.......I got another Yashica/ Contax mount 80-200 Macro focusing Vivitar lens for $1.00 plus shipping. The guy said the aperture blades were stuck but I bet he was trying to use it on a Pentax camera and it just didn't fit. the aperture steps up and down smoothly. I now am in the process of re-machining it to fit my pentax. Gosh...There must be hundreds of these great old lens out there with no camera to fit any more. This thing looks new. I bet it wasn't used hardly any at all. But with no Yashica/Contax cameras to mount it to, it just got tossed into the Ebay dumpster. The Minolta mount 75-205 I got from a friend here didn't sell on Ebay so now I have another really good and in new condition lens to remount for a Pentax....I can't use all these 75-210 or so lens that I now have....I'll have to get some buddies to take them off my hands I guess...Or sell them on Ebay...I wonder how folks can sleep at night getting rid of such great old lens for peanuts??? Yes...You Know Who You Are!!! LOL Well here we go with the lathe and mill again...They are really sooooo easy to convert. The Yashica just needs the distance between the base and the tri- flange enlarged and the dot put in the right place to tell you where to start the mounting...The Minolta mount needs a mount from an old cheap Focal 2X or 3X teleconverter flange re-drilled to match the hole pattern of the minolta mount lens. I have satisfied many times over my LBA and will be overstocked with this range of prime nearly new lens now.....I must find an outlet for these...They need good homes and I need to recoup the small change and machine tool time making them fit.....What to do??? What to do????

A Puzzled
Dawg
Old Aug 7, 2007, 3:01 AM   #33

Sounds like you're starting up a cottage industry there Dawg, and I'm sure you enjoy doing it, hope you find an outlet for your work real soon. I wish I had the means and your talent to try this sort of thing. ... I wish you luck. ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:40 AM   #34

jachol wrote:
Quote:
Sounds like you're starting up a cottage industry there Dawg, and I'm sure you enjoy doing it, hope you find an outlet for your work real soon. I wish I had the means and your talent to try this sort of thing. ... I wish you luck. ... Jack.
I do enjoy it but until I start getting some monetary return the wife will put a choke hold on it. The breakfast table in my great room is starting to look like a lens junkyard....To put it mildly...She ain't happy!! LOL Bags of peanuts everywhere. Maybe some more plastic bins to sort them will make her happier?? Oh Well!!!

Dawg