Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Aug 11, 2007, 6:52 PM   #21
TDN

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
Well... Everything was OK'd by the wifey!

MyInboxsays:
Quote:
This email confirms that you have paid BUYDIG.COM ([email protected]) $188.00 USD using PayPal.
I guess that means my Pentax SMC-FA 50mm f/1.4 will be arriving in 7-10 business days. :blah:

----------

Anyone want a PentaxSMC-M 50mm f/1.7?
Nice, congrats! I think you made the right decision. Especially considering your explaination about needing AF.
Besides, the Kiron is something to wait patiently for until a bargain comes by, rather than overpaying for it...it's a very good lens, but +250$ is overdoing it...

By the way, you'll probably make a decent buck if you put that M 50mm on ebay...they go for 50$ to even 100$ easily these days. Especially the 1.7 version.

Have fun with your new lens! And congrats on the birthday:lol:

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 8:13 PM   #22

Now it's just a waiting game...
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2007, 5:55 PM   #23

FedEXsays:
Quote:
Estimated Delivery: Aug 15, 2007
I can't wait! :?

Also, I sold my ME Super, Sigma 100-300 and M50 f1.7... Now I have enough to pick up one of the other items on me list!
Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:47 PM   #24

Not a bad deal, you get a newer AF, faster 50mm lens. And get to sell your old one as well!

I was thinking the same thing. I live my 50mm 1.7, but for a little over $100 after selling the 1.7 its a great deal.

The Kiron is awesome, but you'll enjoy the pictures of your Daughter much more than some bug pictures.

To quote Roger "You did goood!"

Fred
Fred2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 5:34 PM   #25

Thanks, the FA50 arrived today, but haven't gotten to take many pics... the baby was hungry by the time I got her home from the sitters, but I snapped off a few and here is officially the first picutre I took with this lens.
Attached Images

Old Aug 15, 2007, 9:13 PM   #26

Ooooh - are you ever going to have fun with that lens! Well done on the picture, your daughter is darling.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:40 AM   #27

inneyeseakay wrote:=
Quote:
So I need some help picking out what would be best. The first thing that comes to mind is the amazing value, SMC-FA 50mm f1.4 (BuyDig.com $163 after$25MIR). Does anyone have any other ideas?
Assuming you have the kit lens (maybe not) and NEED the 50mm prime..... another thought if nothing long is the Sigma 70-300mm well under $200 if you aren't APO anal.... and just over if you are.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 7:11 AM   #28

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
...but thinking a bit today, I started wondering about the Sigma APO 70-300 Macro.
Yeah, as mentioned before, this is the next item on my list. Not sure if the APO is worth the $80 extra (at B&H). I did just sell my Vivitar 75-205 for quite a few pennies more than I paid (I paid $0 including shipping).
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:49 PM   #29

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
...but thinking a bit today, I started wondering about the Sigma APO 70-300 Macro.
Yeah, as mentioned before, this is the next item on my list. Not sure if the APO is worth the $80 extra (at B&H). I did just sell my Vivitar 75-205 for quite a few pennies more than I paid (I paid $0 including shipping).
Good to see a photo of the youngun' Inn. You should be happy with that lens as it is a good one for indoor shooting of the kids. I use a 55mm f/1.8 right now or my 50mm f/2. Still looking at a Auto 50mm f/1.4.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:00 PM   #30

well... BuyDig's free shipping is a great deal. I paid Saturday evening and rec'd it Wednesday morning... $188 and free shipping is hard to beat... now I just have to find an equally good deal on the Sigma