Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Oct 5, 2007, 11:07 AM   #21

Dear Tom,

Yes I agree 100%...I really got a superb example! Honest...all these photos are after some PP with my Picasa photo organizer!

Next coming week i will try to find an step-down ring from 72mm to 62mm as this lens is intended to be use ONLY with my Pentax DSLR, instead a film full format one...I'm sure that "Closing" from 72mm to 62mm will NOT harm the final picture...since the 1.53X factor of our APS sensor...only the central area of the lens (Maybe for SO...such astonishing results...:?) is use it. I collect a few MC UV/1A/1B 62mm size filters + a Hama brand "Telescope/Zoom" type lens shade. The lens was received ONLY with a Cozo brand (I hate this cheap brand & quality of filters...UGLY!!!) 72mm size, NO lens hood or lens cap. really a lens cap it's NOT so necessary for me...as the set is always inside a bag when I don't shoot or use it.

For you Tom; another example of my shooting day!:-D

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 2:49 PM   #22

Alex, I am afriad that closing down by 10mm to 62mm will cut down on the amount of light entering the lens causing it to perform with diminished capacity when the light is low , overcast and other low light conditions. There are some pretty low priced hoods like the rubber kind that can be set in three positions or even the metal ones that are both on e-bay for under 10 dollars.I recently purchased one for a Kiron lens I bought on ebay and it is very nice for very little money. I suggest that you will have better results that way than closing down your 72 mm lens.Just my opinion of course.
It is a very nice lens and gets some very sharp clear pictures. Congratulations on a good deal.
Kenn
KennJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 5:35 PM   #23

Dear Kenn,

Your cute point...really I never think abouth so!.

Can I ask you a great favor...the link at eBay where you acquired your Kiron hood, don't forget...that must be a post add, to my country Israel (Few seller want to mail overseas...but as I wrote I can be wait...till your link if you don't mind?:?

Have a nice weekend,& thanks so much for your noble action;

Peace,

Alex007:|
Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:23 PM   #24

Alex,
The ebay store I purchased from has a variety of hoods and caps and other items. the Sore link is
http://stores.ebay.com/QualityFoto
Also if you run a search from the top of the page for camera accessories it will show up that way as there are many people selling these items although many of them are in China .
Have a great weekend !
Kenn

KennJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2007, 1:34 AM   #25

Alex, you have found a lens that I've secretly known to be a sleeper ever since I got mine almost a year ago. The Tamron 28-200 makes a fantastic walk around lens. I don't know why it doesn't get more respect on the used market, but I'm sorta glad it doesn't. It's nice not having to pay hundreds of dollars for an excellent lens.

Love the picture of the fence posts!
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2007, 1:51 AM   #26

ishino wrote:
Quote:
Alex, you have found a lens that I've secretly known to be a sleeper ever since I got mine almost a year ago. The Tamron 28-200 makes a fantastic walk around lens. I don't know why it doesn't get more respect on the used market, but I'm sorta glad it doesn't. It's nice not having to pay hundreds of dollars for an excellent lens.

Love the picture of the fence posts!
My dear friend,
What is exactly the meaning if a "Sleeper lens":? A lens that can't be sell, bad one, waste of time & money acquiring it. etc...:!:

Yes, the fence was my Russian Buddy (His face you may see upward!), tripod mounted test if the lens/camera focus work together 100% right & WORKS!!!

It's possible that the "Second Edition" of this zoom is better & more important (For me...of course). focus from near distance NOT 2.10 meter! What ever...here is very hard of impossible to find lenses with Pentax mount...from eBay, I can't check what I order & 100% sure will cost me more that a mere $:20,00.:P

For you & all Pentax lover another example...!

Peace,

Alex :|007
Attached Images

Old Oct 6, 2007, 2:00 AM   #27

Alex,

A sleeper lens is exactly what you found. A great lens at a great price that no one seems to know how great it can be in the right hands.

ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2007, 2:15 AM   #28

KennJ wrote:
Quote:
Alex,
The ebay store I purchased from has a variety of hoods and caps and other items. the Sore link is
http://stores.ebay.com/QualityFoto
Also if you run a search from the top of the page for camera accessories it will show up that way as there are many people selling these items although many of them are in China .
Have a great weekend !
Kenn
Dear Kenn,

I look it & don't find NOTHING to 72mm diameter...also the "Step Up" rings is "Buy Now" very near to the price that I can obtained here & from there must add the post issue. Yes exist another possibility to go to all photo stores at Tel-Aviv area, & look forward for a long tube hood "Bayonet" type that can fit my Tamron lens...also will be much more that the amount paid for the whole lens...NOT relevant...Step Up" ring will be the more cheaper & efficiently solution...:idea: For now!!!

Don't worry Kenn, I will check it all together & post some results!

Peace,

Alex:|
Old Oct 6, 2007, 2:17 AM   #29

Thanks with all my heart; for your explanation!

Peace,

Old Oct 9, 2007, 8:18 AM   #30

Today my first attemp using the built in flash to see if the total length of the lens at 200mm don't disturb the flash...NO it's 100% OK.

Yes I seriously don't like directly flash...but as a check it's well...what you say...:?

Peace,

Attached Images