Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Aug 29, 2007, 11:28 PM   #31

One lovely fact came through to me as I read this series of comments. The guy who started the series is a man who loves his daughter, and the daughter respects and trusts her father. Not a bad relationship to have, and worth all the cameras and lenses mentioned through the series. I have three daughters myself, plus five grandaughters. We have such a relationship. It is what makes life worthwhile amidst the aches, pains and regrets of old age.

Old Engineer
Old Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 8:24 AM   #32

Thanks for crediting my advice (please don't blame me if it is wrong! LOL).

I hope your daughter will enjoy her new camera as much as I and the others on these fprums do. Remeber, the brand name on the camera matters little, it is the one behind the camera who works the magic.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 5:38 PM   #33

Hi folks, She's got it... yesterday (her birthday)well husband bought it, the Samsung GX10 with standard short kit lens, a mini table top tripod and 2g memory card thrown in for £529.00; £100.00 cash back to follow (we hope!). Bought from a local (25 miles away) camera shop (Bestcameras.co.uk) who also deals on the internet, good price, quick delivery. really friendly sale staff.

And thanks to forum member 'tachikoma' a great lead to a super fast Hongkong dealer, Onestop Digital. She got a Sigma 70-300 APO DG lens for £109.99 inc postage (FedEx). Can you believe it, it left Hongkong on Monday and FedEx was knocking on her door at 11 am Wednesday !!! Tom Hanks (castaway) eat your heart out!

Nina (and I) are grateful for all your tips that have helped immenselyto make the best choice. The manual is big enough to choke a donkey so I suspect a few weekend learning sessions in the next months!

One final word to 'old engineer', I too am an old engineer and was moved (almost to tears) by your kind (and correct) observations. Yes, you want to help your kids, gawd.... kids...she's 30 now. And it's greatto have a rapport with her and her younger sister (who has just bought a Panasonic FX07, without my advice (butgood choice!).

So when she produces some interesting pics in due course I will try to post them here, oh, I am looking forward to having a crack at a few wolves with that series1 (1) Vivitar 70-210, if I can work out how to use it 'manual' Thanks again SS
silversurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 12:07 AM   #34

silversurfer wrote:
Quote:
Hi folks, She's got it... yesterday (her birthday)well husband bought it, the Samsung GX10 with standard short kit lens, a mini table top tripod and 2g memory card thrown in for £529.00; £100.00 cash back to follow (we hope!). Bought from a local (25 miles away) camera shop (Bestcameras.co.uk) who also deals on the internet, good price, quick delivery. really friendly sale staff.

And thanks to forum member 'tachikoma' a great lead to a super fast Hongkong dealer, Onestop Digital. She got a Sigma 70-300 APO DG lens for £109.99 inc postage (FedEx). Can you believe it, it left Hongkong on Monday and FedEx was knocking on her door at 11 am Wednesday !!! Tom Hanks (castaway) eat your heart out!

Nina (and I) are grateful for all your tips that have helped immenselyto make the best choice. The manual is big enough to choke a donkey so I suspect a few weekend learning sessions in the next months!

One final word to 'old engineer', I too am an old engineer and was moved (almost to tears) by your kind (and correct) observations. Yes, you want to help your kids, gawd.... kids...she's 30 now. And it's greatto have a rapport with her and her younger sister (who has just bought a Panasonic FX07, without my advice (butgood choice!).

So when she produces some interesting pics in due course I will try to post them here, oh, I am looking forward to having a crack at a few wolves with that series1 (1) Vivitar 70-210, if I can work out how to use it 'manual' Thanks again SS
Glad she got it and I for one am looking forward to those wolfey photos!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2007, 5:02 AM   #35

Hi Dawg, I am probably stupid but how do you put a picture in these forums? i have done a search on posts but nothing about pics in there? clicked photo in post box but no help. does the pic have to be in a small size, jpeg, raw, etc?

remember,I am stupid with PCs and digital magic !!! anytips gratefully recieved !!!SS

PS, my tiny brain is now telling me that pehaps I should post this query as a new thread as this one is dormant?so I will put it on the general Pentax site as well, and perhaps get twoanswers! SS

Old Sep 14, 2007, 11:38 AM   #36

@SilverSurfer:

If you go to the General Q&A forum, there is a sticky posted detailing how to attach photos. I think this is what you are asking.
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2007, 2:47 PM   #37

Thanks tsquare, as a newcomer it's a bit like being in one room of an enormous library, without a guide! I found the post QA you rec. just need to figure out how to actually get up into the internet photo sites, I'm slow and clumsy with PC's so it may take some time ! SS
Old Sep 14, 2007, 9:06 PM   #38

silversurfer wrote:
Quote:
Thanks tsquare, as a newcomer it's a bit like being in one room of an enormous library, without a guide! I found the post QA you rec. just need to figure out how to actually get up into the internet photo sites, I'm slow and clumsy with PC's so it may take some time ! SS
Silversurfer...When you hit the new topic to the far right..the posting dialog box comes up...go ahead and put in a header for the topic and put some text in the box....then at the bottom is a box that says browse....hit this and browse your pc till you find the photo you wish to post. Select the photo and hit ok. Then back at the dialog box hit send.

Should work...just remember to put some text in the box or it will not accept it. I post most of my photos at 1024 x700 or so and the file size at 200kb or so.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote