Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:25 AM   #11

robar wrote:
Quote:
probably to late to comment on how close as you probably by now know 1000% more then me. IIRC it will almost mount , just not with the right orientation.

roy
Since it has 4 screws the orientation can be changed if the pin is removed and the shroud is cut or ground away. Will it couple properly as is or do I need to just remove it and do manual stop down? I can find out but it is easier if I already know.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:28 AM   #12

CyberCoyote wrote:
Quote:
Hehe, I almost tried to nab that for the same reasons, would have been sad to be bidding against you and driving the price up!:?
Look at the Name there and if you need a lens then email me or PM me and I'll drop off the bid...I've got a bunch of these already and I wouldn't stand in anyone's way of getting one. Now I need a Kiron 105 macro.......Oh Yeah!!!

Dawg
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:30 AM   #13

TDN wrote:
Quote:
this one should just mount on your camera...

btw, I've just finished a page on Ricoh lenses: http://pentaxdigital.tdn9.be/?p=9

If anyone with more experience with these lenses sees a mistake or notices I've forgotten something, please contact me and I'll add it.

Good luck with your new lens dawg!

Tom
Thank you Tom and I will check it out. Those in the know are better armed to deal with the wild whacky world of Ebay.

Dawg
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:56 AM   #14

Hi Dawg, if you spot my earlier post on this thread re. Vivitar series 1, 80-210 1st series petax K mount, looks from ebay picture that there are no things sticking out of the mount, it goes in three hours so if I am not successful there is another in a couple of days with a minolta fit not sure if modifiable to pentax, and it is described as needing 'greasing' as the zoom/ focus is slack, I'm a ret. engineer but I have never greased a lens before! what do you think ? SS
silversurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 5:46 PM   #15
TDN

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
The K/AR I got is for a Konica Auto Reflex camera.

Dawg
Thanks for clearing that up dawg! I had it confused with the KA-R mount on Ricoh mount lenses. I edited it on my page aswell.

Thank you

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 5:57 PM   #16

Hi, Dawg, update... I got lucky an grabbed the viv. series 1 mentioned earlier for £41.11, which at current exchange rate is about 10 times what you paid !!! The guy selling the minolta fit series1, (thathas a 'loose'/slack zoom action) tells me it's no. is 22838341, 67mm, another 1st series for you to think about, but prices over on this side of the pond are a bit higher than you seem to find.

Unless I can pick up an old MX I will have to wait until daughter gets her K10d to try it out ! SS
silversurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 6:39 PM   #17

silversurfer wrote:
Quote:
Hi, Dawg, update... I got lucky an grabbed the viv. series 1 mentioned earlier for £41.11, which at current exchange rate is about 10 times what you paid !!! The guy selling the minolta fit series1, (thathas a 'loose'/slack zoom action) tells me it's no. is 22838341, 67mm, another 1st series for you to think about, but prices over on this side of the pond are a bit higher than you seem to find.

Unless I can pick up an old MX I will have to wait until daughter gets her K10d to try it out ! SS
You'll be happier with the P/K mount any way. Nothing to do but plug it into the camera and shoot. Re-greasing a lens can be very time consuming and making the conversion from Minolta's mount is much harder than from a Yashico/Contax mount. Plus if it needs re-greasing to Dampen the action...you have to think...where did the original grease go....Most times it winds up on the aperture blades and causes them to stick. I've been inside a bunch of lens and unless you are willing to junk it if things go bad then you'd have to send it out for cleaning and re-greasing...Could cost 100-150 dollars US for that. Hope she enjoys that lens.

Dawg
Old Aug 24, 2007, 6:41 PM   #18

TDN wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
The K/AR I got is for a Konica Auto Reflex camera.

Dawg
Thanks for clearing that up dawg! I had it confused with the KA-R mount on Ricoh mount lenses. I edited it on my page aswell.

Thank you

Tom
You are welcome Tom...The actual way it is engraved on the lens is K/aR

Dawg
Old Aug 24, 2007, 8:04 PM   #19

TDN wrote:
Quote:

btw, I've just finished a page on Ricoh lenses: http://pentaxdigital.tdn9.be/?p=9

If anyone with more experience with these lenses sees a mistake or notices I've forgotten something, please contact me and I'll add it.

Tom
this is no ricoh lens, it's a konica mount.
i'm wondering about the registration distance..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 1:32 AM   #20

robar wrote:
Quote:
TDN wrote:
Quote:

Tom
this is no ricoh lens, it's a konica mount.
i'm wondering about the registration distance..

roy
I'll find out soon enough. It seems to be closer to the sensor than a Pentax. Haven't measured it yet but will tomorrow. Also it will require all the shroud and the coupling lever being removed. Removed part tonight at work but it isn't enough. Worse comes to worse I'll remove this mount and make another that is a Pentax mount. May have to shim it out to push the lens and sensor apart a little. The Yashica's so far have been the easiest to convert. This one should be as easy or easier..Time will tell. Any way though it is a total Keeper.

Dawg