Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Aug 24, 2007, 12:04 AM   #1

Saw this and put it in my watch list...No bids and I decided it needed me to give it a home....Roy just how close is a K/AR mount to a P/K mount anyway?? Came in the mail today and it is like new...I don't know how many +'s to put after the EX but it should be enough to signify NEW....All that is needed is the Box and manual to have a museum quality lens here. Can't pass them up when they are this good...Note to self....SELF!!! Get busy making those replacement mounts for these lens. LOL

This is the Version (1) made by Kiron. I may take the time to do this one special....Like to keep it's functionality.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130142361 757&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=003

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2007, 3:16 AM   #2

WOW! Can't beat that... maybe a better listing and you will be able to make a buck... or just keep it
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 3:46 AM   #3

Hi dawg, very envious of your latest find. I am currently watching a series 1 70-210 on ebay, ends today from a local seller, 10 miles away! Anyway I am confused by all the mount designations for pentax. K is bayonet, but the extra ar/ a etc is beyond me. I imagine there are some with electrical contacts. The one I watch is no. 22112458 with 67 mm filter thread, it is described as pentax K mount, from your previous listed chart it is 1st series. Will it fit/work on the K10d camera we (sorry my daughter)are about to buy, thanks SS
silversurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 4:37 AM   #4

Look like you may be OK with that one Dawg.

I think that is a simlar mount to the 28-200 I got last week.

I removed the baffle completely and ground off the little pin which was sticking out.

Looking at the picture though, you seem to have a ball rather than a pin, in which case you should be ok.

Dal

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...ighlight=ricoh

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 6:33 AM   #5

probably to late to comment on how close as you probably by now know 1000% more then me. IIRC it will almost mount , just not with the right orientation.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 9:49 AM   #6

Hehe, I almost tried to nab that for the same reasons, would have been sad to be bidding against you and driving the price up!:?
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:01 AM   #7
TDN

this one should just mount on your camera...

btw, I've just finished a page on Ricoh lenses: http://pentaxdigital.tdn9.be/?p=9

If anyone with more experience with these lenses sees a mistake or notices I've forgotten something, please contact me and I'll add it.

Good luck with your new lens dawg!

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:15 AM   #8

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
WOW! Can't beat that... maybe a better listing and you will be able to make a buck... or just keep it
Gonna keep it Inn. Thanks.

Dawg
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:20 AM   #9

silversurfer wrote:
Quote:
Hi dawg, very envious of your latest find. I am currently watching a series 1 70-210 on ebay, ends today from a local seller, 10 miles away! Anyway I am confused by all the mount designations for pentax. K is bayonet, but the extra ar/ a etc is beyond me. I imagine there are some with electrical contacts. The one I watch is no. 22112458 with 67 mm filter thread, it is described as pentax K mount, from your previous listed chart it is 1st series. Will it fit/work on the K10d camera we (sorry my daughter)are about to buy, thanks SS
Either a K, P/K or a P/KA will work. The K/AR I got is for a Konica Auto Reflex camera. The one you are going after with a P/K is a perfect fit for a K10D. The early series ones were all P/K mounts when the were meant for a Pentax camera...The series 1 group threes were sometimes made a P/KA and had some contacts for Auto aperture. You will be alright as long as it is a P/K or P/KA. Now I need the group 3 lens from Komine....Right now anything but a Nikon mount will do.

Dawg
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:22 AM   #10

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Look like you may be OK with that one Dawg.

I think that is a simlar mount to the 28-200 I got last week.

I removed the baffle completely and ground off the little pin which was sticking out.

Looking at the picture though, you seem to have a ball rather than a pin, in which case you should be ok.

Dal

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...ighlight=ricoh
Dal it has the flat pin for coupling. I have already tried it and it is a perfect fit except for the shroud and pin...They will be gone by tonight.

Dawg