Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 26, 2007, 6:08 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Gumnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,259
Default

Hi Jack
impressive results

the three flies especially

i found with my m42 400mm lens i needed a shim between the lens and body
as the lens dint touvh any of the contacts
i dont know the science or why
but it worked for my m42 400

i wrote a bit in the lens section on what i did
here
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=94

good luck

(ps i am going to try an aluminium food tray to see if that works
the type you get frozen food on)


pss i dont recall wick used in that way when i lived in Lancashire
but that was a while ago lol
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2007, 9:08 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
mtngal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Posts: 16,052
Default

The lens is a fun lens, but do be careful about the plastic housing - my Phoenixhas picked up a few dings on it that hasn't affected the optics. I don't know if the Cosina has the same plastic housing or not.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2007, 9:56 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
jachol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW. England
Posts: 1,201
Default

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
The lens is a fun lens, but do be careful about the plastic housing - my Phoenixhas picked up a few dings on it that hasn't affected the optics. I don't know if the Cosina has the same plastic housing or not.
It's the same one I'm sure, at least that's whats suggested in the link I posted, thanks for the warning though. ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2007, 10:33 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
jachol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW. England
Posts: 1,201
Default

Gumnut wrote:
Quote:
Hi Jack
impressive results

the three flies especially

i found with my m42 400mm lens i needed a shim between the lens and body
as the lens dint touvh any of the contacts
i dont know the science or why
but it worked for my m42 400

i wrote a bit in the lens section on what i did
here
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=94

good luck

(ps i am going to try an aluminium food tray to see if that works
the type you get frozen food on)


pss i dont recall wick used in that way when i lived in Lancashire
but that was a while ago lol

Hi Ex. Lancastrian Gumnut,

Re. wick perhaps it's more localised thanI thought, butI do remember the expression very well from my youth in the Bolton / Farnworth area, perhaps not used as much these days ... localised dialects are tending to die out I think. At one time some people could very nearlypinpoint the street you were born in from your accent.

I've read your post on focus lock a few times, and intend to try it when time permits, I'm tied up at the moment due to my wifes injured arm. ... I wonder what part of Australia you're in ?, my wife has relatives not too far from Sydney, can't remember the exact location at the moment. ... Jack

Sheesh !, I just noticed you're in Perth, mypeepers must be getting weak !.



jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2007, 4:33 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

jachol wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:
Quote:
we're one of a kind jack. well , we might let dawg in.

roy
Oh Yeah !, enrol Dawg we might persuade him to mod lenses for us , How ya doing Dawg ... Jack
I'm already on board and thanks for the invite... Doing well myself..Sorry to hear about your wife's arm...Mine had joint replacement surgery and I'm either at work or doing chores at home...Almost no time for the lenses...SIGH!!!!! I think this lens has some promise.....Sell one to get another....When will we ever be happy with what we have???? NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!!!!! LOL



Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 3:22 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
jachol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW. England
Posts: 1,201
Default

Hi Dawg,

Welcome !, Yes was very much impressed with this lens performance, and OK on sell one to buy another, well that sure happens ... what is it "The grass is always greener etc." must apply here. ... Jack

PS. wife due at the hospital tomorrow for a check, I'll be surprised if the plaster comes off though. Got to go and do some ironing now. LOL
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 7:42 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

jachol wrote:
Quote:
Hi Dawg,

Welcome !, Yes was very much impressed with this lens performance, and OK on sell one to buy another, well that sure happens ... what is it "The grass is always greener etc." must apply here. ... Jack

PS. wife due at the hospital tomorrow for a check, I'll be surprised if the plaster comes off though. Got to go and do some ironing now. LOL
Give her my best Jack...Just got to have patience.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 9:47 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
robar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: D/FW area Texas
Posts: 7,590
Default

go easy on her next time jack..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:09 AM.