Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:38 AM   #31

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Put cotton in your ears and duct tape your mouth...Then hum this old man all day long....You'll get there! LOL

Dawg
:lol:
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 8:39 AM   #32

My FA 35mm f2 just arrived and I have only one thing to say, wow!!! This is the first truly top notch AF lens I have owned for Pentax ( I did have a very nice 50mm f1.7 AF Minolta). I really liked the kit lens, I liked the Sigma 24-135mm f2.8-4.5 even more, but this prime is great.

Oops, sorry about the excited rant, I think I will go take some pictures now.

Ira

BTW, that pretty much flattens my budget for this year, the sure cure for LBA, debt.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 12:16 PM   #33

Sounds like it will flatten my wallet as well... Can't you just lie and say it's crap?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 7:51 PM   #34

Sorry Kjell, it is truly awful (is that convincing enough?). Here is a pathetic example.

Ira

Attached Images

Old Aug 31, 2007, 7:57 PM   #35

One more to assure you of the lack of quality and sharpness. Both images have only been rotated and resized, no other pp applied.

Attached Images

Old Aug 31, 2007, 8:32 PM   #36

Just ordered the FA 50mm f1.4, should have it by this time next week, now I am officially broke. Time to sell of some of the shelved items.

Ira
Old Aug 31, 2007, 9:14 PM   #37

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
One more to assure you of the lack of quality and sharpness.* Both images have only been rotated and resized,* no other pp applied.

Ira,

It looks like keepers at F4 and F4.5. Being capable of very low light use, it may be glued to your camera body. Also you are very used to this focal length. The other lenses you have may not have these advantages

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2007, 4:26 AM   #38

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Just ordered the FA 50mm f1.4, should have it by this time next week, now I am officially broke. Time to sell of some of the shelved items.

Ira
This one has been practically glued to my camera since I got it... LOVE IT!
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2007, 6:18 PM   #39

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Ira,

It looks like keepers at F4 and F4.5. Being capable of very low light use, it may be glued to your camera body. Also you are very used to this focal length. The other lenses you have may not have these advantages

Daniel

Daniel, you are very right there, this lens feels right to me. As for the images, at full size they have a sense of depth missing from any of my dSLR shots except the few I managed to get in focus with the M 50mm f1.7 and the A 70-210mm f4. I can now understand why you use the FA135mm F2.8 so much.

Ira

Time to sell off some of my older stuff, y'all know how to PM

Old Sep 2, 2007, 7:42 AM   #40

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Daniel,* you are very right there,* this lens feels right to me.* As for the images,* at full size they have a sense of depth missing from any of my dSLR shots except the few I managed to get in focus with the M 50mm f1.7 and the A 70-210mm f4.* I can now understand why you use the FA135mm F2.8 so much.

Ira
Ira,
The reality is that when you get out of the door, you will pick the best lens . I had another great M135mmF3.5. But it was gethering dust because of the FA135mm. So it was ebayed again as I do not collect lens.
After you have got a FA35mm & FA50mm , it will be unlikely that you will use your kit lens unless wider angle shots is needed. Even if it is needed, you may just walk back a bit to accommodate. Well with FA35mm & FA50mm , your bag will be complete with a DA14mm !!!! An affordable Zenitar 16mm may be ok with defishing software.
You know my usual approach is to push the lenses (16-28-50-100-135-300mm only ) to extreme incl shooting birds with fisheye and portrait with long tele (100, 135mm & 300mm). This two weeks I will concentrate on using my manual A300mm for BIF.
With some luck I may get a couple really boring shots that is even more difficult than getting interesting ones.

Daniel, Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote