Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Sep 2, 2007, 3:28 PM   #41

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Ira,
The reality is that when you get out of the door, you will pick the best lens . I had another great M135mmF3.5. But it was gethering dust because of the FA135mm. So it was ebayed again as I do not collect lens.
After you have got a FA35mm & FA50mm , it will be unlikely that you will use your kit lens unless wider angle shots is needed. Even if it is needed, you may just walk back a bit to accommodate. Well with FA35mm & FA50mm , your bag will be complete with a DA14mm !!!! An affordable Zenitar 16mm may be ok with defishing software.
You know my usual approach is to push the lenses (16-28-50-100-135-300mm only ) to extreme incl shooting birds with fisheye and portrait with long tele (100, 135mm & 300mm). This two weeks I will concentrate on using my manual A300mm for BIF.
With some luck I may get a couple really boring shots that is even more difficult than getting interesting ones.

Daniel, Toronto
I think you have it there Daniel, I am not in a hurry for a wide lens since the kit lens is decent (except for vignetting), and at the long end I am hoping to get an F 100-300mm f4.5-5.6, it is mechanically more sound than my flimsy FA 100-300mm f4.7-5.8 and not complex and unreliable like the FA 100-300mm f4.5-5.6 power zoom model. This bit of mass and metal lens mount would tide me over until I can get a 300mm prime.

I can't wait for an opportunity to put the 35mm f2 through its paces (the 50mm f1.4 should arrive from Henry's by Friday).

Perhaps it is time for me to check out selling on ebay, I do have some redundancy now.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2007, 5:50 PM   #42

Ira, I just missed out on a FA 35 2.0 on ebay. My bid was 290 USD, the buyer got it for 295. Don't you dare try that Lambourghini, my house isn't worth that much!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 6:49 AM   #43

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Ira, I just missed out on a FA 35 2.0 on ebay. My bid was 290 USD, the buyer got it for 295. Don't you dare try that Lambourghini, my house isn't worth that much!

Kjell
Actually I just won my last ebay piece for 2007, It was an F 100-300mm f4.5-5.6. I know, it isn't any better than the FA 100-300mm f4.7-5.8 I own BUT, it was only $82 with shipping included and all reports are that it is a much more mechanically robust lens. The plastic mount on my FA now allows the lens to rotate past the point where it would normally lift from the camera ( a little disconcerting) and its extreme light weight is not always a plus. The FA will stay with Annette while I try out the F. BTW I did an ebay search and found that this lens typically goes for twice this amount so it wasn't a bad deal.

LBA cured for this year. Anyone want a Takumar-F 70-200 f4-5.6 ?:lol:

Ira
Old Sep 3, 2007, 5:34 PM   #44

tsquare wrote:
Quote:
Thanks. I've decided on the K100d Super. Now, I just hope I don't talk myself out it.:lol:
Wasn't sure whether to start another thread, or reply here, so please excuse me if it is out of place.

I bit the bullet yesterday and bought the K100D, and, I got it for free. Well.....sort of. I bought the camera + kit lens ($50 rebate), a 2GB Lexar Pro SD card ($20 rebate), a 52mm uv filter, and an Epson color printer ($75 but $75 rebate - I pay tax) plus a couple of minor itemsfor a net cost of $530. I had a $150 bank card left over from office Christmas party, and Icleared $450 from a checkfor refering someone for a job with my office, so I was able to buy the camera and have $70 left over. My wife was happythat she didn't have to increase my allowance. She asked me if I was happy now that I had gotten all (her word) the camera stuff that I needed. Itold her that I was just getting started, as I needed more lenses, a flash, a case, more lenses, more storage, more lenses......She just laughed and said "ain't gonna happen".:-)

Seriously,I really need to getbusy learning how to work the camera. I have been spending quite a bit of time today with the owner's manual.

Thanks for everyone's input into my decision. I know I will be veryhappy with the K100D.

tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 6:34 PM   #45

Definitely a good choice tsquare, I have to find the cash to buy one for my wife since she has pronounced camera shake issues.

Ira
Old Sep 3, 2007, 6:37 PM   #46

hey, if the wife kills him i have first dibs on his k10d. the rest of you can fight it out among yourselves for what's left.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 9:46 PM   #47

robar wrote:
Quote:
hey, if the wife kills him i have first dibs on his k10d. the rest of you can fight it out among yourselves for what's left.

roy
Hate to disappoint you robar, but it is only a K100D, not the K10D. I knew she wasn't going to go for the K10D.
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 2:48 PM   #48

OK, I now have both primes, hopefully the 100-300mm F zoom will arrive tomorrow.

I think I now have a temporary cure for LBA since I now have almost every lens that I really really need (forget about want). I usually last about a year before it strikes again.

Ira
Old Sep 6, 2007, 3:53 PM   #49

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
I think I now have a temporary cure for LBA since I now have almost every lens that I really really need

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::g rin:Who are you trying to convince:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I thought my bag was complete till you reminded me of the FA35 f2.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 5:16 PM   #50

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
I think I now have a temporary cure for LBA since I now have almost every lens that I really really need
Need? What hasNEED got to do with it?aranoid:All youNEED is one camerawith one do it all lens (like the Sony H9 with 15X macro zoom) - you don't even NEED a dslr! The grass is ALWAYS greener . . . . :roll: (that's what an addition is.:whack

You want a cure? GET RID OF THE SLR! :blah:

penolta is offline   Reply With Quote