Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Sep 1, 2007, 1:48 AM   #1

Got a couple of nice lens for a total price of $7.25 plus shipping. Got an 80-200mm Vivitar made by Komine (first two no. are 28 ) and a Takumar 200mm 5.6 with sun shade and original leather case. Looks almost new too the both of them. I'll try them out this week end and see how they go. The Takumar is a very small 200mm. About half the size of my Super Tak 200 f/4. May make a nice walk about lens. The 80-200 looks and feel about the same as the 75-205 Viv's I've gotten but a little smaller. Here is the list of serial no. for the Vivitar lens.

The 1st two digits (or first one digit, in the case of 6 or 9) designate the manufacturer:
6 Olympus
9 Cosina
13 Schneider Optik
22 Kino Precision (Kiron)
25 Ozone Optical
28 Komine Co. Ltd
32 Makinon
33 Asanuma (Tokina)

37 Tokina
42 Bauer
44 Perkin Elmer (US)
47 Chinon
51 Tokyo Trading
56 Kyoe Schoji
75 Hoya Optical
81 Polar

The next three digits designate the year and week of manufacture. One digit for the year and two digits (01 through 52) for the week. Obviously, designating the year with a single digit doesn't't allow you to differentiate between, say, 1978 and 1988, so you have to infer the decade of manufacture from other evidence (such as when, where and how you acquired the lens, what documentation came with it and the physical appearance of the lens).
The remaining digits indicate the manufacturing serial number.

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img]

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2007, 5:05 AM   #2

dawg,
it's time to start reselling. it's how i fund my hobby/lens collection. the better half can't complain if it doesn't show up on the books. i've got around $300 in the acc. now.. i try to make 5-15 bucks on a resell, depending. local camera shop will sell me filters for 10 bucks for a handful.. i'll list them and only reap about $1-2 a piece. that's cool as it's practically free $$. you can make lba work for you.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2007, 5:23 AM   #3

I do the same that Roy is talking about, but I don't like to see $1-2 profits. I buy/trade and resell lenses and cameras. I recently picked up an ME & M50mm f1.7 for $50. The ME body already sold for $46 and the lens will bring around $45 as well. Can't complain, almost doubles my LBA money.

This profiteeringis what is solely responsible for my recent upgrades, seeing as howI have not put anything out of pocket into my photography fund (with the exception of my FA50 b-day present and my Quantaray 100-300 christmas present) since I bought my Kodak P850.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2007, 3:08 PM   #4

Already doing that Roy. Got the Samyang 100-500mm lens for sale right now on Ebay!

Dawg
Old Sep 1, 2007, 6:07 PM   #5

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Got a couple of nice lens for a total price of $7.25 plus shipping.
you need to list total price. i could say i got the 300/2.8 for $135 but shipping was $70 for a total of 205usd.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2007, 7:33 PM   #6

robar wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Got a couple of nice lens for a total price of $7.25 plus shipping.
you need to list total price. i could say i got the 300/2.8 for $135 but shipping was $70 for a total of 205usd.

roy
Glad to Roy...$22.75 for the both.

Dawg