Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Sep 8, 2007, 1:24 AM   #11

robar wrote:
Quote:
dawg,
you're in serious trouble!! the problem with the viv105 is that it's long and heavy enough to use as a blunt instrument to inflict maximum trama to the human body. i truly feel sorry for you. gawd, what's going to happen if you ever upgrade to a 300/2.8 or 500/4.5 or 400/4. i see nothing in your future other than bruises and broken bones and then a slow death.

roy
My wife assures me she will finish me off with loving care.....SHIVER!!!!!! I don't know if that is going to be swift or drawn out.....Looking at her grin probably slow and painful....LOL All kidding aside I've easily shot hand held with the Samyang 100-500mm lens and don't think this one will be a big burden. Next up is a 300mm F/4 or lower. I really like my Metal lens and feel they are more solid than the plastic ones out today...If I could just find some new old stock like this macro lens but have them in a Super Tak 300mm F/4 or a 400mm f/5 or so I could stop for a while...Going to repair the Tammy 70-300 even though it is plastic...Got a sister to it in a 28-80mm auto focus and may have to steal the motor to get the bigger one going...Looking into it tomorrow. Every one have a great weekend...Mine is shot as I have to work 10 hr. work days Saturday and Sunday it looks like. More money to keep the wife's thoughts away from bludgeoning me.

And one more thang!!! ROLL TIDE!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2007, 7:56 PM   #12

Dawg,

As warm as my memories of Lauderdale and Limestone counties may be, and as much as I may sympathize with your fear of the consequences of severe LBA...it's tempting to think that anyone who concludes comments with "Roll Tide" is just getting his just desserts. :blah:

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 1:29 AM   #13

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
Dawg,

As warm as my memories of Lauderdale and Limestone counties may be, and as much as I may sympathize with your fear of the consequences of severe LBA...it's tempting to think that anyone who concludes comments with "Roll Tide" is just getting his just desserts. :blah:

Can't help it....They are finally winning a few. I've been an Alabama fan for over 50 years now and have missed them winning lately!

Dawg
Old Sep 9, 2007, 9:00 AM   #14

LOL.....My dad lived in the metropolis of Elgin Crossroads, and I grew up riding the backroads of the northern tier of Alabama counties as he would inspect Jim Walter Homes construction sites when I visited him on holidays and summers. He taught me early that distinctions of Republican/Democrat didn't matter in Alabama; the only important question was Alabama or Auburn. (Sorry to tell you, he was Auburn.)

I'm not a rabid Razorback fan, but with the game coming up this week, I couldn't resist.

Congratulations on your new lens. I hope you live long enough to enjoy it. I might be looking for an Alabama doghouse in which to hide with you when my wife learns what I've been bidding on. We look forward to seeing pictures.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:56 AM   #15

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
LOL.....My dad lived in the metropolis of Elgin Crossroads, and I grew up riding the backroads of the northern tier of Alabama counties as he would inspect Jim Walter Homes construction sites when I visited him on holidays and summers. He taught me early that distinctions of Republican/Democrat didn't matter in Alabama; the only important question was Alabama or Auburn. (Sorry to tell you, he was Auburn.)

I'm not a rabid Razorback fan, but with the game coming up this week, I couldn't resist.

Congratulations on your new lens. I hope you live long enough to enjoy it. I might be looking for an Alabama doghouse in which to hide with you when my wife learns what I've been bidding on. We look forward to seeing pictures.
Know Elgin Crossroads well. I lived between First and Second Creeks for a while and my sister was the town clerk in Rogersville for nearly thirty years. Gonna be a good game this week and about even odds as to the winner. Really just kidding about the wife killing me as I am paying for this lens with my gains from Ebay. Wish I had bought old lens from there a year or so back...be easy to triple your money now!! There are some foolish folks driving up the prices on the used stuff right now. Lens will be here around the 12th. Post photos right after....And my Grandfather graduated from Plains College (Now Auburn ) With a masters in electrical engineering.

Dawg
Old Sep 9, 2007, 1:41 PM   #16

I was working with a friend who was from Alabama. Boeing brought him up on temporary assignment to Seattle, and he flew home every other weekend. One week we finished early and he was able to get home for a long weekend. So he was comming through the back porch into the dark kitchen at 2am, and for some reason bent down to pick something off the floor, just as his wife pulled the trigger of his trusty 30-06......

The moral of the story is ---- never, never, ever surprise the Wife.

That being said, yesterday was my wife's birthday and I did not surprise her - actually I forgot...... I am hoping to live long enough to actually see the end of September.
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 5:10 PM   #17

yeah, my auto mechanic was almost killed by his wife with a bullit to the chest thru the door one night when he came home late. that was over 30 years ago and they're still together so i guess he forgave her..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 6:40 PM   #18

I guess the moral of these stories is to make sure that the wife doesn't have a weapon handy if you do intend to surprise her. My other half is too smart for something like this - he uses the telephone in this situation.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:16 PM   #19

In my wild youth I would visit the bars just across the line into Mississippi. My wife would always ask me to stay out of trouble but I was really going there not to drink but to fight...Loved fighting...Stayed out two nights and one day once and when my buddies dropped me off I had cracked ribs a nearly broken jaw and gravel embedded in my back from a Mississippi State Lineman jumping on me with his boots in the parking lot of the Southern Aire club in Columbus mississippi. The wife opened the door and stuck a .444 Marlin Lever action rifle in my face....The screen door between us was locked....Then and there she asked if I was going to go off and do something like this again. Cause if I was then she was going to shoot me on the spot.....I begged and pleaded and she finally put the gun down and took me to the hospital to get treatment. I don't go to bars to this day unless she is with me.....Moral of the story is ....Never teach the wife to use yer huntin' rifle.....She could hit a 50 cent piece at 50 yards and my nose was only an inch from the barrel...

Dawg
Attached Images

Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:25 AM   #20

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now what?