Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Sep 18, 2007, 12:17 PM   #21

silversurfer wrote:
Quote:
SS...Mine was the engineering school of hard knocks and re-trys.

Yep, dawg, that was the school I went too, the classroom was an old garage workshop in Liverpool !

but, it never taught me how to fix/use these infernal computers (as my attempt at inserting a quote prob. shows!!!) SS
Just have to be sure the Quote marks are before and after...actually you can type them in yourself. Just have to think of computers as the dumbest things you've ever worked with...They are you know!! LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2007, 5:28 PM   #22

Hi dawg is this better ? "Just have to think of computers as the dumbest things you've ever worked with...They are you know!! LOL"

No, 'the dumbest things' are the guys who write the cryptic 'geek speak' messages that pop up when greenhorns like me hit thewrong keys !

off to photo shop elements for a bit more suffering ! SS
silversurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 1:21 AM   #23

silversurfer wrote:
Quote:
Hi dawg is this better ? "Just have to think of computers as the dumbest things you've ever worked with...They are you know!! LOL"

No, 'the dumbest things' are the guys who write the cryptic 'geek speak' messages that pop up when greenhorns like me hit thewrong keys !

All you have to do is go to the post you wish to quote and on the top right of the post hit QUOTE. It will open a post dialog box with the post you are quoting highlighted. Then click just below the highlighted area and type your message and hit send.

Dawg

Old Sep 19, 2007, 7:10 AM   #24

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
silversurfer wrote:
Quote:

All you have to do is go to the post you wish to quote and on the top right of the post hit QUOTE. It will open a post dialog box with the post you are quoting highlighted. Then click just below the highlighted area and type your message and hit send.

Dawg
Hi dawg, I'm getting there, I seem to have grabbed a bit of the prev. post but never mind, nothing like a bit of hand holding to reinforce the learning!I'll get it right eventually. (just discoverd how to change my text style/size!!! If I could find 'the handbrake' to let it off, pehaps I could get moving a bit quicker!)

Oh sorry if my post looked like I was infering you/other helpers as dumb. Nothing further from the truth. I missed the word 'programme guys ' out of my moan !

I shot a 'wolf' yesterday so look out for my post on my first thread,when I have squeazed it down a bit!

I think we have hijacked Tachikoma's original thread so I'll say bye bye, thanks for the tips, SS
silversurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 9:52 AM   #25

No offense taken and it wouldn't apply any way. I'm a little too old to qualify for Geek-dom..LOL My apologies also to Tachikoma...

Dawg
Old Sep 26, 2007, 1:34 PM   #26

No harm done chaps!

Finished it and... well... not the best workmanship, but I was rather ill when I did it!
Attached Images

Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2007, 1:34 PM   #27

The mount
Attached Images

Old Sep 26, 2007, 1:36 PM   #28

Now the more observant of you will already have noticed that I aligned the mount, not using the proper dot on the mount, but one of the screw holes filled with epoxy... colourblind... ill... you get the idea... :lol:

DOF test at f.2
Attached Images

Old Sep 26, 2007, 1:37 PM   #29

Close crop (not 100%) taken from the lens:
Attached Images

Old Sep 26, 2007, 1:38 PM   #30

Toys on my desk:
Attached Images