Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Sep 27, 2007, 2:21 PM   #1

Any recommendations? Best cost/performance combo? Thanks!
tnaskedov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2007, 1:32 PM   #2

tnaskedov wrote:
Quote:
Any recommendations? Best cost/performance combo? Thanks!
I can only tell you what I use. I use the Cokin Filter system as I own so many lens of different size. It is much more cost effective when going from lens that take a 49mm filter to lens that take a 72mm filter. With normal screw on filters you have to have filters of all the sizes of the lens you have. With the Cokin system they are drop in lens and all you need is a lens mount adapter ring of the different sizes of lens you have then move the filter holder from lens to lens...Or you can have lens mount adapters and filter holders for each lens size then just drop in a filter when you need one. This is what I opted to do. I use the A-series and own a Polorizing filter, a skylight 1-A filter, 2 Gradual gray filters, a gradual tobacco filter, and a sunset filter. They will all fit on every lens I own so no more filters are needed.
Here is an example...The same filter holder mounted to my 55mm adapter on my DX6490 Kodak camera and also mounted to the
72mm filter sized CASPECO 350mm lens. The sunshade is optional.

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 2:11 AM   #3

Thanks Dawg, I was definitely looking at the Cokin Neutral Density set of filters. If the Polarizer is solid as well, I might do that. Where did you get yours? I've seen them sold out on Adorama or BH Photo, can't remember which.
tnaskedov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 12:11 PM   #4

You can get them both places...I deal mainly with B&H...but Adorama has more of them. Check this web page out for more info on the Cokin system...
http://www.geocities.com/COKINFILTER...howitworks.htm

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote