Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Sep 29, 2007, 9:49 AM   #1

If you can find one... does anyone know what these lenses are going for nowadays?

Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2007, 5:18 PM   #2

I don't know, but I'd like to have one.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 9:02 AM   #3

Dang, that's two more potential buyers, the going rate's just increased
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 8:11 PM   #4

The above post was just a joke, I know I threw someone off unintentionally, sorry. There're a number of 3rd party ones going back and forth on eBay right now. I thought I was slick bidding on an old JCPenney model that the lister had accidentally called an f28 instead of 2.8. I was cheap and put in a max bid of 14.45 and lost by 50 cents! Similar (same) one went for maybe 10 bucks more later.

If you don't mind the Sears or Penneys stamps on them it looks like you can pick one up for less than a 50 1.7 manual.
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 8:14 PM   #5

CyberCoyote wrote:
Quote:
Dang, that's two more potential buyers, the going rate's just increased
It has a bit of competition from the new DA*50-135mm. I still have to wait for some direct comparison between the DA* extreme end and FA135mm. My hunch is that optically, the FA may be a notch ahead. Its light weight, F4 performance and fast focusing have always been its strong selling point. But the DA* is more convenient (for my retirement age eyesight and weathersealed (which for prime lens may be less important).
Sellers who want to sell are waiting and buyers are reluctant to get into it too.
There have been so few transactions and there has been any price setting trend at all.
Meanwhile I continue to be a happy user

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 9:13 PM   #6

Daniel, I am really thinking about one, but haven't seen any for sale in a while, anywhere. I was just wondering how much they cost when they are for sale? How much did you pay... if you don't mind me asking, of course?

Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 10:04 PM   #7

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
Daniel, I am really thinking about one, but haven't seen any for sale in a while, anywhere. I was just wondering how much they cost when they are for sale? How much did you pay... if you don't mind me asking, of course?

Nick
I would guess it is at around $300-400 depending on bidding sentiment and the lens condition. I got that at around $200 18 months ago. A lot of older fellows got that at around $130-$180 before the ist came out. According to http://dcviews.com/lenses/Pentax-lenses.htm , its new price was $325. There used to be at least 1-2 at KEH all the time. Now there is none in the auto prime subsection.

Overall its present price is anybody's guess

When it comes to rarity and arguably optics as well, another great 135mm-the A 135/1.8 tops it all. There may be just 1-2 sales a yr. The F or FA135mm are nonetheless a lot more plentiful

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2007, 7:32 PM   #8

last fa 135 f/2.8 i saw go for sale was a while ago on that auction site we all love. went for $500+ it looked to be in nib condition and it was stated that he only had it as a backup lens and never used it. they started getting so expensive i stopped looking for one and went in a different direction. grabbed the m 135 f/3.5 for a fraction and started spending money on other lenses.

ishino is offline   Reply With Quote