Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Oct 16, 2007, 3:22 PM   #31

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
No, no Roy. You are reading that wrong. It is not Zippy Shippy as in fast shipping, it is Zippy's Hippy, as in your item will get shipped oh, "sometime after I finish with the water bong." :-)
far out dude!!! you got it man..

for what's it's worth she did admit finally that the pic of the lens had gotten mixed up with a focal. she offered me a choice of the focal or the tak and my money back. i picked the tak and did not say anything about the refund. it was only 19bucks.

she also agreed that 9 days was pretty dismal. i'd also told her that i'd made an offer, had it accepted, bought and paid for it, and received it in the time she waited to send my order. i guess the kicker in this was that the item was located in INDIA..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2007, 8:35 PM   #32

Well, that explains that lens picture for sure.And on the bright side of all this
crazyness if you finally do end up with a supertak 135mm for 19 dollars and it is not dogged out you will have a good lens and story to tell. Hope it works out well for you Roy.
Kenn
KennJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2007, 5:02 AM   #33
TDN

good job handling the situation roy !

Hopefully the lens is ok and this turns out to be a win!

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2007, 8:44 AM   #34

If it makes you feel any better Roy you'll probably still get this lens long before (if ever) I get my 50mm 1.7. Given that's all my fault, but I'm willing to bet ishino's new 70-200 apo you'll get yours first :-)
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:02 PM   #35

received this today. surprise!!, priority mail.
it is the tak w/o smc coatings. i've had this lens before and it was a real let down. this one captures 1000% better. i may even keep it.
it's condition is LN.. no wear can be detected, no brassing, no nothing except a small amount of dust as usual on a lens this age. here's a couple of quickies at f2.5.. the last one i had would never do this good. shot in raw, auto ACR, full frame resize. no PP other than listed.
Attached Images

Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:03 PM   #36

Attached Images

Old Oct 19, 2007, 1:52 PM   #37

Finally.. and it doesn't look half bad to boot. Might be a fun lens to pull a Dawg on and test some modifications
Old Oct 19, 2007, 2:37 PM   #38

CC,
why would i do that to a lens?? this one works fine and i can probably triple the price i paid for it.

roy
Old Oct 19, 2007, 4:40 PM   #39

robar wrote:
Quote:
CC,
why would i do that to a lens?? this one works fine and i can probably triple the price i paid for it.

roy
Ah. I tried to play that game, there was a sears set that I thought would avoid bids because of the listing (4 lenses and the body) but I bowed out when it went up to 50 bucks even though there was a good $100 plus to be made by separating them and listing them properly.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 10:32 PM   #40

i've been playing this game forever. as long as you're ready to take a chance and know the numbers then it works. only thing i've lost $ on was the first one. ebay has been very nice to me supporting 95% of my kit for no out of pocket expense..

roy