Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:03 AM   #1

just won a takumar 135/2.5 K
this looks like the very good one that usually sells in the 200+ range. i know there were 2 models and this one does not have the writing around the barrel. i'm hoping it is actually the good one and this person knows what a takumar is. even if it a run of the mill 3rd party i should be able to get my 19.49 back.

roy
Attached Images

robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:05 AM   #2

on closer inspection i see an A on the ap ring so now i don't know at all what i bought.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:34 AM   #3

Roy, I'm not sure what you've bought, either. The markings on the lens tube look remarkably like those I'm used to seeing on Vivitars. I'm certainly no expert on Takumar, but I have a couple of them, and I haven't seen anything like the colored "fountain" markings.

I also recently picked up a 135mm, Takumar 2.5. This one was still new in the box and even had the original price sticker of $ 97.00 on the box....even had the original paperwork including lens booklet and warranty registration.

When you say you know there were two models produced, what is the difference between them? And how do you tell them apart?

(I paid considerably more than you did, but far less than the $ 200 or so for which they often sell.)
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 12:07 PM   #4

one has a smc coating and 58mm filter. it's worth the money

the other has no coatings and a 52mm filter. i had one of these and it made a good paperweight. others here have it also and they get good results from it. this was a spur of the moment buy so time will tell.

roy
Old Oct 7, 2007, 1:40 PM   #5

Well, it certainly isn't the K-Mount Tak 135mm 2.5 (the uncoated one). I still have mine and it doesn't have any of those markings (focus range markingsis just above the aperture ring and the lens extension is beyond the focus ring). The two lenses I have that have the aperture/focus markings are the Viv macro and my Kiron 80-200 zoom. I would guess, just looking at the pictures, that it's some type of macro lens. Let us know what it is when you get it.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 1:55 PM   #6

robar wrote:
Quote:
on closer inspection i see an A on the ap ring so now i don't know at all what i bought.
I have a P/KA Takumar-A 28-70mmzoom and it doesn't look anything like that one.

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 2:23 PM   #7

Roy,
Looks like a push pull style 75-150 mm or 80-200mm lens to me. Judging from the markings I doubt it is a prime lens. It is an "A" style lens for sure. Curious!
Kenn
KennJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 3:50 PM   #8

Mine is the SMC coated and 58mm, so I guess I did okay, but it doesn't look anything like the lens you've pictured.

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 6:51 PM   #9

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
Mine is the SMC coated and 58mm, so I guess I did okay, but it doesn't look anything like the lens you've pictured.

WOW!!!
TRO, you got the deal of the century if it's a tak135/2,5 smc.
it has the descrip on the face of the filter ring looking straight at it????
if so that normally goes for 150++ before shipping. congrats.

roy
Old Oct 7, 2007, 7:43 PM   #10

Hey Roy, I almost won the dog one (not to be confused with Dawg) and from most of what I read afterwards as long as it doesn't say Bayonet on it it should be the multi-coated lens. The acid test is looking at a bright scene/sun and seeing if it picks up a ton of flare.

Fortunately I was outbid
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote