Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Oct 10, 2007, 10:33 AM   #1

if anyone is looking for a super takumar500mm f/4.5there is one available on that favorite auction site we are all addicted to. reasonable buy it now too... no it's not mine, but i know a few on here have been looking for one. first one i've seen on there for a while now. i'm still holding out for one that has smc, otherwise i'd be all over this.

don't want to post the link since i know that's a no no, but it's easy enough to find if you do a search for pentax 500mm
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2007, 4:17 PM   #2

i got lucky and picked up my smc copy locally.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2007, 6:19 PM   #3

lucky indeed! my pickings are so slim up here, it is really sad. the best the local store has to offer me was a plastic promaster, no thanks. if you ever see anything down there that i might be interested in, give me a hollar. it's only a few hours and i've made that drive down there and back many times after getting off work. for good pentax glass it would be worth it!
Old Oct 11, 2007, 3:36 PM   #4

let me ck. they had one woith a nikon mount but you can get a new K mount from pentaxUSA for about $130. i'll give them a call rt now.

roy
Old Oct 11, 2007, 3:44 PM   #5

just called them and they have a super tak for 450usd.. you would still have to get a new mount that would run $138 shipped.. for $588 , i think i'd wait for a smc on ebay to show up. i've seem them go for 400-700 there. there's usually one that runs every once a month.

roy
edit: that is a reasonable price. i just looked at it. tom(ennaacac) has this lens. i also think he's used both. ask him if there's much of a difference.

this is not a lens that you just take with you to use. it's a lens you take with you to use. to me , it's a tripod only lens and i've gotten superb shots with it.

roy

Old Oct 11, 2007, 4:05 PM   #6

i'm watching some auctions that end in the next 48 hours so if i don't win one of those i may still swoop in a pick up the super tak 500mm. there is that smc a 400mm f/2.8 that closes tonight. i've got it marked in my favorites but still at that price i'd have to eat ramen noodles all next year!
Old Oct 11, 2007, 6:32 PM   #7

ishino wrote:
Quote:
i'd have to eat ramen noodles all next year!
and without the water!! hehe

roy
Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:01 AM   #8

Sorry to bug you but you seem quite knowledgable on the subject. I just recently aquired a 500mm 4.5 Takumar (not super or SMC) I was curious what you might be able to tell me about it. I bought it for my wife but I will probably sell it as she doesn't want it, she is small and its a monster hell the case looks like a mailbox. I appreciate any help.
Axl1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:48 AM   #9

PM sent