Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Oct 11, 2007, 11:52 AM   #1

Hey there all I have a set of Tokina Add-on lenses ranging from 28-400mm(Different lenses just the various mm fall in that range), it says that it is for a Pentex camera, does that mean that it can be used on any Pentex camera?
daquiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2007, 12:24 PM   #2
TDN

If they're K-mount or M42 screwmount then yes, you can use them even on the Pentax DSLR's.

Check this page for tips on how to use them.

I'm curious, which lenses do you have? Tokina made/makes some decent lenses...

Welcome to the forum!

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2007, 2:13 PM   #3

There might be a problem. Some of the Tokina lenses fit perfectly on Pentax film bodies, but not on the digital ones. They can in that case be modified (not very tricky) to fit. I'll be back later, I've just sneaked away from a birthday dinner.:-)

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2007, 2:23 PM   #4

I'm curious about what exactly you have. You use the term "add on lenses" - when I hear that I think of something that is mounted on the front of another lens and can do specialized things (wide angle, telephoto, macro). Can you post a photo of one of them? If they are truly add-on devices, they will work on anything, as long as the lens you are mounting them on have the correct thread size. If they are in fact lenses, then the answers above are correct - they might work perfectly as-is, or there might be a modification you have to do to the mount to make them work. If you can, post a picture of the rear of the lens, so we can see the mount.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2007, 9:56 AM   #5

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I'm curious about what exactly you have. You use the term "add on lenses" - when I hear that I think of something that is mounted on the front of another lens and can do specialized things (wide angle, telephoto, macro). Can you post a photo of one of them? If they are truly add-on devices, they will work on anything, as long as the lens you are mounting them on have the correct thread size. If they are in fact lenses, then the answers above are correct - they might work perfectly as-is, or there might be a modification you have to do to the mount to make them work. If you can, post a picture of the rear of the lens, so we can see the mount.
Post a photo of the lens mounts and the front ring where the info is printed.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2007, 5:50 AM   #6

I was not able to post the other pics cos I kinda dont know how:-), but here is one.Could you guys assist me with how to post all the pics?

Attached Images

daquiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:00 AM   #7

Hi daquiri,
easiest way to post your pics all at one go is to put them up on a site like Photobucket and link to them, or you can add replies and a pic in each one. Hope this helps ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:02 AM   #8

Just reply to your message and include the next picture in it's own message. The only way to have more than one picture in a post is to have it hosted elsewhere on the web and link to it here. So post the rest as separate posts.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:52 AM   #9

This is a Pentax lens to the left and a Tokina lens with the problematic flange to the right.
Attached Images

Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:54 AM   #10

And this is the same Tokina lens, modified to fit the Pentax digital bodies
Attached Images