Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:28 PM   #1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBS AA:US:11&Item=190166110009

It is a PENTAX K/JC PENNEY135MM 1:2.8

So was it a good buy?

Yes/No/Maybe

Should be here this weekend I hope.
Taz2w is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2007, 1:14 AM   #2

Taz2w wrote:
Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBS AA:US:11&Item=190166110009

So was it a good buy?

Yes/No/Maybe

I have one but it is a screw mount lens. It is very sharp and works great. One of my cheapest but best purchases!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2007, 5:16 AM   #3

Taz2w wrote:
Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:U S:11&Item=190166110009

¬*

So was it a good buy?

Yes/No/Maybe

Hi,
Chances are it should be fine, only by using it will you know for sure. 135mm lenses seem to be popular at the moment on this board, which prompted me to dig out my Chinon 135/f2.8 M42 screwmount, and try a few shots, and I've been very pleased with results. I bought this as a used item back around the mid seventies at about £16. Here's a sample.
Attached Images

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2007, 2:16 PM   #4

I have a very similar sears with the k mount and it is a very sharp lens. Paid very little for it and it works fine.Came with a case and filter for that matter. It looks very much like the lens you bought. Post a shot when it comes in eh ?
Kenn
KennJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 11:18 AM   #5

OK got the lens in this weekend and put it on my k100d all it did was flash "av - -" on the top LCD. Hmmm ok took it off again it and was able to fire the camera. . . . OK so I looked over on my desk and found some panters tape, and put take on the mount ring of the camera to cover up the connections. BOOM it works. Set the a-ring to 2.8 put the camera into auto mode and went to town.

Ok now that that the background is out of the way.

The light meter does not work at all, All I can see is what I have my speed set at

the aperture sticks. not sure if there is a fix for this. I set the f-stop at 22 and move the "aperture lever" not sure what the name of it is at it will not snap close from full open to closed 100% of the time very fast at all. It will go from 2.8 to 8ish pause then 22. not that big of a deal for me I will use this lens to shoot 2.8 most of the time.

My questions:

1) is there a way to get the light meter work work on this type of lens

2) is the blue tape on the lense realy needed

3) it the aperture somthing that can be fixed?
Taz2w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 11:44 AM   #6

Taz2w wrote:
Quote:
OK got the lens in this weekend and put it on my k100d all it did was flash "av - -" on the top LCD. Hmmm ok took it off again it and was able to fire the camera. . . . OK so I looked over on my desk and found some panters tape, and put take on the mount ring of the camera to cover up the connections. BOOM it works. Set the a-ring to 2.8 put the camera into auto mode and went to town.

Ok now that that the background is out of the way.

The light meter does not work at all, All I can see is what I have my speed set at

the aperture sticks. not sure if there is a fix for this. I set the f-stop at 22 and move the "aperture lever" not sure what the name of it is at it will not snap close from full open to closed 100% of the time very fast at all. It will go from 2.8 to 8ish pause then 22. not that big of a deal for me I will use this lens to shoot 2.8 most of the time.

My questions:

1) is there¬* a way to get the light meter work work on this type of lens

2) is the blue tape on the lense realy needed

3) it the aperture somthing that can be fixed?
Hi,
Re 1. In the custom menu set AE-L with AF locked to on, then try using the lens in manual, or perhaps aperture priority, set the aperture as required ... compose your picture, take half pressure on the shutter, then press the AE-l button you should hear the camera set the shutter speed, shoot and the camera will stop down to your preset aperture and fire. With the lenses I have I shoot in manual mode most of the time, the only fully auto lens I have is the kit lens that came with the camera.

2. Don't see why you need the tape, I've never needed to do this.

3. Used in manual mode as above the aperture should stop down fine. You could check if there is oil on the aperture leaves.

Try the above and see if things work out, post back if you still have problems. Shooting manually may seem to be a bind, but that's how it had to be done with older gear, you soon get used to it. Hope this helps. ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 12:49 PM   #7

repeated info, disregard
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote