Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Nov 2, 2007, 11:41 PM   #31

I've been thinking about the lens prices. To a certain extent it is being driven by the popularity of the K10 and K100, but I don't think that's the whole story at the moment. I think now you are seeing people buying these lenses because they see such an increase in price. A couple of people on the "what camera" section have pointed to keh's listings for lenses - the Pentax has been way below any other lens mount camera for a while. I think that's because there's such a frenzy, much (maybe that's too strong a word)of it from people trying to make a buck by buying and reselling, rather than photographers who want to use the lenses. And those photographers who do know what they are doing will sell their unwanted equipment on ebay because they can get so much more for it there, rather than a business like keh.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2007, 11:49 AM   #32

SInce my 50 1.7 was misshipped I've been trying to get a replacement. I finally did win one with the sears ksx body still attached, but it's a crap-shoot as to what I'm getting. Only reason I won it at all. What I've noticed is I'm outbid almost everytime buy resellers who're looking to drive up the prices then resell.
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2007, 9:03 PM   #33

CyberCoyote wrote:
Quote:
SInce my 50 1.7 was misshipped I've been trying to get a replacement. I finally did win one with the sears ksx body still attached, but it's a crap-shoot as to what I'm getting. Only reason I won it at all. What I've noticed is I'm outbid almost everytime buy resellers who're looking to drive up the prices then resell.
And they have started a viscious cycle that will bust one of these days when folks just refuse to pay the high prices...Most of the ones I've sold had a starting price that reflected the actual worth of the lens...You can't help it if someone wants it so bad they bid a ridiculous price for it!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2007, 9:41 AM   #34

you are tho taking a chance with dust/haze/fungus also. on anything over a 100usd i try and get a waiver on return for all dhipping costs. i give it.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2007, 3:11 AM   #35

The guy selling the Pentax SMC 1:1.2/50mm put it up again in a straight auction, it finally went for £117 + Shipping, previously he'd declined a best offer of £110, both way below his original "Buy it now" £275 asking price. ... Jack.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=013
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:07 AM   #36

robar wrote:
Quote:
you are tho taking a chance with dust/haze/fungus also. on anything over a 100usd i try and get a waiver on return for all dhipping costs. i give it.

roy
I'll tell ya Roy, the lens came the other day, no caps, mounted to the sears body without a battery so I can't test it out. The lens has a small millimeter long scratch on the rear optics, no fungus, and a good amount of dust inside, but none of that seemed to matter! It's taken some very nice sharp pics thus far (nothing to post yet, I will) I'm sure it would be shapER without the accumulation of dust inside, I'm thinking the location of my sratch is on the outside edge of where the image displays on my CCD so barely matters. That's something I never considered before with the crop factor, but it seems to work to my advantage.

If I paid $100 I'd be ticked, but at <$20 it's a steal to me and I've finally got a low light lens (PS: K100D at 1600 absolutely ROCKS!)
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 5:52 PM   #37

this has got to be a RECORD
for a freaking adapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
probably had to get it under the tree..

roy
Old Dec 12, 2007, 6:59 PM   #38

Less see now...I can make one for nothing and if I made them in bulk I could retire and move to the Bahamas....Lezz Seez's now...

Dawg
Old Dec 12, 2007, 8:03 PM   #39

the "A" mount might be a little tougher to make.. when do we leave????

roy
Old Dec 12, 2007, 9:19 PM   #40

robar wrote:
Quote:
the "A" mount might be a little tougher to make.. when do we leave????

roy
Till you turn female and look like the wife...We is not an option!!!! LOLOL

Dawg