Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:25 PM   #11

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Some are made by Phoenix some by Cosina....I haven't seen anything really bad about them and there are some decent comments made about them. A 1:1 macro lens but I doubt the build quality is up to par with the Series 1 105mm macro lens. For a small price it should do alright. Have you tried a google search for it? Lots of articles there. I know you are looking at saving some money here but the good ones are going to start at 200 or so and go up from there.

Dawg
actually, phoenix is made by cosina..
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:29 PM   #12

And Samyang!! South Korea!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:30 PM   #13

Thanks for all the extra input. I'm still watching it. If it's not too much, it could be an experiment for me.

I can't tell if it's auto or manual. But, I have no problem doing manual. Actually, prefer it.

Just saw your newly posted message, Roy. You must have posted as I was getting ready to respond. Yes, that's how I see it. It would be an inexpensive way to get started. Once I get my feet wet and find out what I really want to do, I can spend more on a more expensive lens. Of course, I looked again tonight and there's a bunch new stuff out there I hadn't seen a few days ago. I think I'm either going to have to work -OR- keep up with that site. But, that's a catch 22. I can't buy anything on the site if I don't work.:-)

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2007, 3:35 PM   #14

Well, lost that bid. I swear it was open until tomorrow and just checked my e-mail to find it closing today. So, went and bid within 5 minutes of the end, but was outbid. Oh, well. Something else must be out there waiting for me.

Old Dec 4, 2007, 2:20 AM   #15

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
Well, lost that bid. I swear it was open until tomorrow and just checked my e-mail to find it closing today. So, went and bid within 5 minutes of the end, but was outbid. Oh, well. Something else must be out there waiting for me.

Mom there will always be another one sooner or later....Hope you find the one you want!

Dawg
Old Dec 4, 2007, 7:44 AM   #16

Thanks, Dawg. Yes, there is another one out there already. Need to go check on it. Been kind of out of it the past few days.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 9:53 PM   #17

Yep...I need to check too...I'm looking for a 50mm f1.7 smc-M lens right now...Just have to find a cheap one or the wife won't let me have it...

Dawg
Old Dec 5, 2007, 12:06 AM   #18

Well, now that it's midnight, will have to wait until tomorrow for me to check out.

Dawg, I thought you had your own coffee can for lens purchases? Curious. I thought you already had a 50mm lens. What is special about this one that you're looking for now?
Old Dec 5, 2007, 2:53 PM   #19

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
Well, now that it's midnight, will have to wait until tomorrow for me to check out.

Dawg, I thought you had your own coffee can for lens purchases? Curious. I thought you already had a 50mm lens. What is special about this one that you're looking for now?
I have 3 50mm lens right now...I have a 50mm f/2.5, a 50mm f/2, a 50mm f/1.8 prime lenses and quite a few zooms that pass by this focal length...All good lens but the 50mm f/1.7 and 50mm f/1.4 lens are considered sharper and they are faster by at least one stop than the lens I now have.....After buying so many lens and a K10D the Coffee can is near to empty///Thus leaving me to beg...LOL

Dawg