Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 16, 2007, 6:07 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

Had to swear off making things for other folks right now Daniel...Not enough time in the day with mine and my wife's health problems...Check with me after March or April...I even gave up most of my duties at the other forum because of this.!! Later my friend and I mean that!! I won't forget!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 6:35 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 188
Default

Dawg

I believe that the Pentax 645 to K-mount & 67 to K-mount adapters allow for AE exposure info to be transmitted from the lens to the camera..

This is one reason for the cost..

Since I am giving serious thought to the purchase of a Pentax 645NII film camera I have done some research in this area..

If you have questions regarding Pentax adapters I would advise posting them on photo.net at http://photo.net/

The search engine on photo net is pretty good & I would use that first before posting questions..

Tin Cheung Camera in Hong Kong at http://www.tincheungcamera.com.hk/ has the Pentax 67 to 645 adapter & the 645 to K-mount adapter for $140.91..The 67 to K-mount adapter is $112.73..

Something else to consider with the 645 A* 600mm f5.6 ED (IF) would be the use of a gimbal mount, especially the Wimberly..

Check out this review at Luminous Landscape at http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...wimberly.shtml

Good luck, Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 7:14 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
robar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: D/FW area Texas
Posts: 7,590
Default

baltochef920 wrote:
Quote:
Something else to consider with the 645 A* 600mm f5.6 ED (IF) would be the use of a gimbal mount, especially the Wimberly..
i've got one of THESE and it's a lot less expensive than the wimberley. i offered $75 and got it for $100 delivered. these people also have a wimberley knockoff.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 8:07 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

baltochef920 wrote:
Quote:
Dawg

I believe that the Pentax 645 to K-mount & 67 to K-mount adapters allow for AE exposure info to be transmitted from the lens to the camera..

This is one reason for the cost..

Since I am giving serious thought to the purchase of a Pentax 645NII film camera I have done some research in this area..

If you have questions regarding Pentax adapters I would advise posting them on photo.net at http://photo.net/

The search engine on photo net is pretty good & I would use that first before posting questions..

Tin Cheung Camera in Hong Kong at http://www.tincheungcamera.com.hk/ has the Pentax 67 to 645 adapter & the 645 to K-mount adapter for $140.91..The 67 to K-mount adapter is $112.73..

Something else to consider with the 645 A* 600mm f5.6 ED (IF) would be the use of a gimbal mount, especially the Wimberly..

Check out this review at Luminous Landscape at http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...wimberly.shtml

Good luck, Bruce
Thanks Bruce I'll look into it!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 8:09 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

robar wrote:
Quote:
baltochef920 wrote:
Quote:
Something else to consider with the 645 A* 600mm f5.6 ED (IF) would be the use of a gimbal mount, especially the Wimberly..
i've got one of THESE and it's a lot less expensive than the wimberley. i offered $75 and got it for $100 delivered. these people also have a wimberley knockoff.

roy
Doesn't sound bad at all Roy...Whether I go the BigMa way or the 645 way it would be better than what I have now for the larger lenses. ( Course I could make one as a gov. project at work in the spring.....HMMMM

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 8:55 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
robar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: D/FW area Texas
Posts: 7,590
Default

after getting mine i got to looking at it and realized that it was just 1/4'' aluminum. i could build one easily and have something with bearings in it and some other upgrades.. if you get around to it let me know as i've got some ideas for a better model..
i'd also be interested in a 645 adapter. not sure i've got the tools to do it..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 10:15 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

Need a bridgeport mill and a rotary indexing table to cut the correct Tri-tabs for the Bayonet mount...Not hard just takes the right tooling...Work it on a lathe first then either grind or mill those tabs in it! Also need good dimensions..Then file to a good fit!
The mount is easy except for the quick release but that is no problem with a bridgeport and some dovetail mills. Again need good dimensions. I'll be thinking about it durring the winter as I help my wife get over her thumb joint replacement and me get through my visit to Vanderbilt about my Bladder cancer...All should be resolved by the end of March or start of April.. The Good Lord Willing.. LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 11:36 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
ennacac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,198
Default

FWIW the 645 to PK adapter transmits nothing electronically to the camera it is just an extension that extends the focal length of the 645 lens so it will work on the 35mm format.

It is expensive because they don't make them any longer like the AF 1.7 TC, so the price goes up with the demand.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:42 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
danielchtong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,890
Default

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Need a bridgeport mill and a rotary indexing table to cut the correct Tri-tabs for the Bayonet mount...Not hard just takes the right tooling...Work it on a lathe first then either grind or mill those tabs in it! Also need good dimensions..Then file to a good fit!
The mount is easy except for the quick release but that is no problem with a bridgeport and some dovetail mills.* Again need good dimensions. I'll be thinking about it durring the winter as I help my wife get over her thumb joint replacement and me get through my visit to Vanderbilt about my Bladder cancer...All should be resolved by the end of March or start of April.. The Good Lord Willing.. LOL
Dawg,

Don't even know what to say. Wish you two get over some health issue. You love your work and hobby of taking picture. And that helps too

Daniel , Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 8:42 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

Being here on these forums helps to take my mind off theose things Daniel...You guys and gals are my therapy!!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:58 PM.