Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Dec 23, 2007, 6:11 PM   #31

all of these are with no adjustments

I really like the pose on this one
Attached Images

87olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 11:45 PM   #32

Wonderful photos and great Bokeh in the background...I've found that my Sigma 100-300 has nice Bokeh as well. That is the predicament we are all in every New Year. What is coming and how soon. Is it worth spending now or do we wait a while....I don't wait around more than I have to as I've found in the last three years that I'm not invincible and I have no promise of even one more year to come....Near death experiences and Cancer will do that to you...I only wait as long as saving the money will take. I thank you and all my friends here for not only answering my (to some of you, I'm sure) silly questions, But also giving me a reason for going on sometimes...Thank you one and all for the kindness and patience you have all shown.
PS looking forward to the squirrel shots!!!
Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 6:32 PM   #33

Dawg I can't agree with you more. I was diagnosed with leukemia 6 yaers ago at the age of 36. I had a stem cell transplant and beat it. I then developed a brain lesion after it. But I don't let it slow me down. I do what I really enjoy which is photography. Anyway here is a squirrel I took today. It is cropped just a little and no other adjustments done too it, It was about 30 yards away high ina tree. Sorry for the background sky was grey and real bright.

Good luck in which ever lens you buy

Jim
Attached Images

Old Dec 24, 2007, 7:59 PM   #34

87olds wrote:
Quote:
Dawg I can't agree with you more. I was diagnosed with leukemia 6 yaers ago at the age of 36. I had a stem cell transplant and beat it. I then developed a brain lesion after it. But I don't let it slow me down. I do what I really enjoy which is photography. Anyway here is a squirrel I took today. It is cropped just a little and no other adjustments done too it, It was about 30 yards away high ina tree. Sorry for the background sky was grey and real bright.

Good luck in which ever lens you buy

Jim
Still a sharp photo Jim...Y'all are making the choice harder and harder....But the beautiful thing is I have a choice and no matter which one I choose It'll have IS...Thank you Pentax.....Now if they would only put out some long fast lens for us to really have a choice!

Wish you well dealing with the problems Jim...Just remember we only live one day at a time anyway!! LOL Just have to remember to enjoy everything about each one!

Dawg
Old Dec 24, 2007, 8:08 PM   #35

From what I've been reading they are supposed too. But we will see, I'm saving my money now.

Jim
Old Dec 24, 2007, 8:52 PM   #36

87olds wrote:
Quote:
From what I've been reading they are supposed too. But we will see, I'm saving my money now.

Jim
All I can say is they are missing the boat...Right now there are millions of K10D and K100D owners not to mention the earlier *istD owners that would really like a good wide Aperture long lens from Pentax. Up to 300mm there is a pretty good selection of mid Aperture lenses but the fast lens are just not there unless you can find some used FA* lens and then it is priced beyond the reach of a Poor Red Neck's wallet! I like you am saving at this very moment and hope to convince the wife to chip in for my birthday on May 30th for a good long lens...Sure would be nice if it was a Pentax...Oh well we wait and see I guess. In the mean time I keep looking over the sigmas and the offerings on Ebay! Never know what might show up next! I was following a 600mm for a 645 medium format camera but it has gone to $1,500 and not sold yet!

Dawg
Old Dec 24, 2007, 8:56 PM   #37

Just checked...It sold for $2,125.00.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching
Old Dec 25, 2007, 10:32 AM   #38

Hi Dawg,

Just watch for the ones that end on Dec 31 or Jan 1.....:G

Everyone will either be out partying or they will be nursing a hangover nad won't be interested in bidding on any lenses..... LOL!!!!!

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2007, 10:42 AM   #39

Dawg,
I can't help you with the long zoom, the longest focal length I have is 300mm. However, for the shotgun you should get an Ithaca 37. A Remington 870 will do if you can't find a used 37 reasonable. Auto shotguns are for sissies :blah:.

Oh wait, or was that just an analogy?

Tim

:G
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2007, 11:07 AM   #40

Or a Winchester Model 21 double barrel 16 gauge !!

I recieved a Ithaca Model 37 pump 12 gauge for my 16th birthday..Wish I still had it..

Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote