Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Dec 22, 2007, 5:06 PM   #1

You may remembermy following postin which Imentionedthe imperfection I witnessed!

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=94

You may also remember that, encouraged by your insightful comments, I had sent back the lens! Well, after a considerable ' repair and replacement' traffic between me and the dealer, I am now quite pleased with the copy I have!

First they they returned me samelens after some calibration, about whichI wasn't satisfied and sent them them back again!

Then they sent me a new copy, which had the same kind of imperfection. So, I sent it back!

This time I convincedthem to test the copy before they sent. They did so choosing a good copy among five lenses. Now, Ihappy thattime and effort I put paid back!

Bolow you'll see the improvement in 100% cropsfrom the right marigin to the bottom of the image I complained about!

Lol! Now my K10D body is in the shop to be replaced due to sensor misalignment!!

#1 Before calibration

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2007, 5:08 PM   #2

#2 after the calibration!
Attached Images

Old Dec 22, 2007, 5:11 PM   #3

#3 after thelatest replacement!
Attached Images

Old Dec 22, 2007, 5:20 PM   #4

Looks like your patientce and persistance paid off!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 5:39 PM   #5

Hi bahadir,
I'de like to see a transcript of the conversation you had with the dealer when you sent the last lens back! I think if i had tried to do what you have done the conversation would have ended with me being told to stick ..... well you know what I mean :P

Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 6:52 PM   #6

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Looks like your patientce and persistance paid off!

Dawg
Thank you! I think ithelps a lotwhen you know you're not alone : )

.................................................. ...........................

@ Simon: The sigma distributor in Turkey isReproset in Istanbul: http://www.reproset.com.tr/sigma/

Oh, I know what you mean : ) Hopefully they relived meby mentioning thattheir objective was the customer satisfactiononour first telephone conversation! I also sent them the crops displaying the 'unacceptable' imperfection for the Sigma quality whilestating thatI knewI was experiencinga commonissue abouta particular productwhich could also occur in other brands andthat it was the brand reliability which was essential!

Old Dec 23, 2007, 5:07 PM   #7

Hi bahadir,

It's good to hear that your efforts ended in satisfaction. Sigma has had a reputation for questionable QC, and hopefully your pushing them to stand behind their products will go a little way to get them to try to do it right the first time in the future (but I won't hold my breath). My Sigma 17-70 is my first purchase from them in a couple of years after having two initial bad experiences with their lenses, and the followup service by their CS dept. It remains my only Sigma lens.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 6:05 PM   #8

Thank you Scott! It wasgreat to be able to find someone with professional mind there at Reproset, their product development manager, who really helped a lot!

Inow feel encouragedfor theSigma 10-20 as my next purchase, but directly from the general distributor this time