Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Feb 18, 2008, 8:57 PM   #11

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
I don't see the problem with the 1.7 price at all, a good one should bring at least that much, is it a great lens. KEH is selling them for between $90 and $150 depending on condition.

Tom
That's because they have changed the price they were asking to a more normal price...they were originally wanting about 5 times that much!
Dawg

All the samples above only reflect what we see day in and day out in some camera shows or pawn shops. Exorbitant initial offers followed by some realistic adjustment/finetuning of pricing

Not out of the ball park at all

A recent ebay sale of a Sigma 70-200F2.8 actually was actually sold without any premium . That was used to be around 20% premium until the news of release of new Tamron and new Sigma zooms in next two months

Daniel

Daniel
I agree Daniel! Some are waaaaayyy out there then they are wised up by someone or their own research to a more common level of greed!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 2:08 AM   #12

Muddy-Toes wrote:
Quote:
Boys ,check this out a PKA lens for $900.00 Dollars,Who would pay this much for aPKA lens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMC-Pentax-A-1-3...QQcmdZViewItem
This is not "a PKA lens". It's the widest rectilinear lens Pentax ever made, and it's always sold at these price levels. One went from Germany yesterday for EUR 612. USD 900 = EUR 614. It can still be ordered new from Scandinavian Photo, if you want to slim your wallet a bit. Price SEK 15 250, ~USD 2 398.

"If I were a rich man, daba daba daba daba daba dooo..."

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 9:16 PM   #13

The wide is high the long is high the middle for my poor wallet!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:30 PM   #14

Hi All,

To take this thread in a different direction, there are still good deals to be found out there.

I was watching this auction, even though I have copies of both items:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=013

On the surface, this might not seem to be quite the deal, but each of the items is a premium product. The A 70-210 f4 is a great lens, as many already know. The Vivitar 2x MFTC is also a great item, though not necessarily with this lens -- but put it on any of the f1.4 Pentax 50s, and it makes for a very good 1:1 100mm f2.8 macro -- and it's the "A" model.

All of this for a little over $100 USD delivered -- that's pretty hard to beat!

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2008, 9:15 PM   #15

snostorm wrote:
Quote:
Hi All,

To take this thread in a different direction, there are still good deals to be found out there.

I was watching this auction, even though I have copies of both items:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:IT&ih=013

On the surface, this might not seem to be quite the deal, but each of the items is a premium product. The A 70-210 f4 is a great lens, as many already know. The Vivitar 2x MFTC is also a great item, though not necessarily with this lens -- but put it on any of the f1.4 Pentax 50s, and it makes for a very good 1:1 100mm f2.8 macro -- and it's the "A" model.

All of this for a little over $100 USD delivered -- that's pretty hard to beat!

Scott
i agree scott, the 70-210 is easily worth the price it's at now by itself.. altho i have one i have tried it with the A1.4x-s and was not happy with the IQ. may have been a bad day.. i've always thought the M80-200/4.5 to be an excellent lens that people never even consider..
robar is offline   Reply With Quote