Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:24 AM   #11

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
kenyee, not sure what you mean by VPN. The image did not have real heavy processing. Below is the original image (resized for the forum--no other processing). Original workflow was crop, slight levels, noise reduction, and USM (probably at R7-S45-C0, settings I used on most of these shots).

Paul this photo and more that I know you'll take with that lens justify all costs to get it! Very very good. But let's be honest here...YOU had a lot to do with the quality as well!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2007, 9:24 PM   #12

this lens delivers and your photos prove it! iso 1000 looks great, awesome shots! congrats on the win.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 6:59 AM   #13

Lovely clear shots, well done!

That lens is proving to be a beauty in the hands of the the members of this clan

thanks for the look.

Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 2:54 PM   #14
TC3

Wow you got some great pics and it shows that the lens and yourself are meant for each other

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 11:31 PM   #15

The shots with the two women looking up is fantastic. Excellent job.
bruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 4:45 PM   #16

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
This week I had a chance to put the DA*50-135 through its paces with six basketball games in three days in a beautifully-lit civic arena.* I felt fairly confident that the f2.8 would be plenty fast in good lighting, but I wasn't sure the first night, so I shot Av mode with custom WB.* Most of the time, the camera metered at about 1/640.* From the first night (75, 123, & 80mm)

The second night, I went to manual mode and worked at either 1/500 or 1/640 (55 & 135mm)

But, I decided to see how far I could push the lens by dropping the ISO to 1000 while keeping the shutter at 1/640.* I had bring levels up a little in post-processing, but I was pleasantly surprised at how clear the shots turned out. (65*& 85mm)

This lens continues to surprise and impress me with its clarity and versatility
I love this one

Paul (if I recall correctly),

What are the apertures of these pict? Likely Flickrs has got rid of all the exif. They are all great shots with a lot of action.

Daniel, Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 9:09 PM   #17

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
What are the apertures of these pict? Likely Flickrs has got rid of all the exif. They are all great shots with a lot of action.

Daniel, Toronto
Thanks for the kind words, Daniel. I'm pretty sure all of the ones I posted here are at f2.8. (There were a half dozen or so shots where I had accidentally bumped the f-stop up to 3.2.) After the third night's experience, at ISO 1000, I suspect I probably could have gotten away with a smaller aperture, but I was wanting to get maximum shutter speed to eliminate any motion blur.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2008, 4:05 PM   #18

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words, Daniel.* I'm pretty sure all of the ones I posted here are at f2.8.* (There were a half dozen or so shots where I had accidentally bumped the f-stop up to 3.2.)* After the third night's experience, at ISO 1000, I suspect I probably could have gotten away with a smaller aperture, but I was wanting to get maximum shutter speed to eliminate any motion blur.

Paul

If this shot was done at F2.8 or F3.5 ( for that you can verify with your pict in your harddrive), you have a very good combination. With shallow DoF , you could still lock that in focus with K10D?
I also assume you have the ssm motor in operation for this shot which is relatively fast-paced. You succeeded in pushing it to wide open or close to wide open for obtaining higher shutter speed. Otherwise it would be just another blurry shot (for that I have a lot)

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote