Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:44 AM   #21

With my Bigma and a Sigma TC the lens will not zoom all the way back to 50mm and the zoom lacks a little being able to lock for transportation. Also to get the bigma to mount on it you have to run the zoom out just a tad to allow enough room between the lens elements to mount it! Is this normal?? Had to add it is not a real problem and I now know how to deal with it...Just surprised me a little the first time.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 12:48 PM   #22

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
With my Bigma and a Sigma TC the lens will not zoom all the way back to 50mm and the zoom lacks a little being able to lock for transportation. Also to get the bigma to mount on it you have to run the zoom out just a tad to allow enough room between the lens elements to mount it! Is this normal?? Had to add it is not a real problem and I now know how to deal with it...Just surprised me a little the first time.

Dawg
Hi Dawg,

On the Sigma website, the TC compatiblity chart shows that with the Bigma, the zoom range is limited to @ 100-500 with either of the TCs -- so I'd say it's normal. Shouldn't much need the TC at under 100mm. . .

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 1:54 PM   #23

snostorm wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:

Dawg
Hi Dawg,

On the Sigma website, the TC compatiblity chart shows that with the Bigma, the zoom range is limited to @ 100-500 with either of the TCs -- so I'd say it's normal. Shouldn't much need the TC at under 100mm. . .

Scott
Actually Scott it will work all the way down to 55-60. Like I said just a kinda jolt when I first tried it out....The TC is so thin it allows the lens element to stick out enough to actually bump each other when you move it down to that 55 range. Also will not let you mount it untill you move it up. The first time I tried it I had the Zoom lock on and there was no way it was going to mount until I unlocked it and moved it to a higher range!...Kinda slapped myself on the forehead when I figured it out!! A big DUH!!!

Dawg

Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:26 PM   #24

I need to add something here in case anyone thinks the above mentioned condition with the TC and Bigma is a problem...It isn't a major problem but just something that is there and I thought everyone should know...As for how well they work together they work great...They are the sharpest lens combo I've ever owned and would not trade them of for any other combo...Just great to be able to go from 50mm all the way to 500mm at the turn of the wrist...As for the weight involved I actually have shot some photos one handed with the lens extended to 500mm and the lens hood on. Since the lens is so long it takes a fraction of a second longer to get it up off my chest and in shooting position than the kit lens. I now can see a mono-pod in my future as it will help steady the lens and take the strain off of all day photo safaris! My opinion of the Bigma and the Sigma TC...5 stars out of 5 stars...It hit a home run with me !!!!!!!!!! My Children or Grandchildren may inherit it at my death but I'll never sell or trade them!

Dawg
Old Jan 15, 2008, 3:19 AM   #25

Ok dawg, stop beating around the bush, do you like it or not :G

Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 7:59 AM   #26

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!! LOL
Old Jan 16, 2008, 6:03 AM   #27

Oh, ok then......
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:05 PM   #28

simowills wrote:
Quote:
Oh, ok then......
I'm sorry...That may have appeared to be a shout and I didn't mean it that way!

Yes!

Now that is better.

Dawg
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:26 PM   #29

I thought that was a gleeful shout, one with emphasis. And considering all the fun you've been having with your Bigma, I thought it was appropriate that you'd be shouting your delight from the tallest tower you could find...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:22 AM   #30

Finally ...Some one who truly understands me...I feel vidicated!!! YES!!! YESSSSS!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Thanks Harriet...I have been like a little kid with a new bike since I've gotten this lens...One of my recent dreams came true! LOL

Dawg