Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:03 AM   #1

Just to show the Zoom range of this lens...A good 10X lens...Makes me appreciate Schneider and my DX6490 even more! No post processing and a dark cloudy day! EXIF should be intact if you wish to peek! Also...Pixel peepers and comments are welcome.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2008, 2:08 PM   #2

Interesting set of pictures. I'm at work without a way to look at the exif - are they all taken at the same aperture, or did the camera choose different ones? Reason I asked is that if they are all at the same aperture, you can see not only the change in size due to the change in focal length, you can also see the decrease in the depth of field as the focal length changes.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2008, 6:25 PM   #3

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Interesting set of pictures. I'm at work without a way to look at the exif - are they all taken at the same aperture, or did the camera choose different ones? Reason I asked is that if they are all at the same aperture, you can see not only the change in size due to the change in focal length, you can also see the decrease in the depth of field as the focal length changes.
Aperture priority and wide open Harriet! Very dark and dismal day as a front moves in. These have not been touched other than resizing in Photofiltre. When you save it with Photofiltre it asks you to choose to keep or do away with the EXIF..The only thing is they were uploaded to Imageshack to post here...Hopefully the EXIF stayed..I'm at work also and cannot check on it....I tried to keep the same Aperture and just zoom by 50mm as I shot each photo! Also shot using a Bogen/Manfrotto 3011 tripod and 2-way tilt & pan head. Pretty steady even if the ole Tri is old! LOL Also 2 second timer with mirror lockup. All Auto Focus and I did not use a Tele converter.

Dawg

Dawg
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:19 PM   #4

I'm now home and can check the exif. The first one is f4, the lastcoupleare f6.7 (assume that the lens has a variable minimum aperture). So they are even more telling - as you zoom in the depth of field gets smaller and smaller. That lens really is quite something, isn't it?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:22 AM   #5

Most unimpressive, Dawg.

It shows that the lens is not worth very much, which is what I suspected.:-)

I really don't want this lens. Really.

Everytime I see new pictures taken with it, I start another round of LBA and price hunting, and budget trimming.

This set of pics shows, so clearly, what this lens is capable of.

I want one!!!!

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:24 AM   #6

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I'm now home and can check the exif. The first one is f4, the lastcoupleare f6.7 (assume that the lens has a variable minimum aperture). So they are even more telling - as you zoom in the depth of field gets smaller and smaller. That lens really is quite something, isn't it?
Yes it is Harriet. The lens was set manually at f/4 and the aperture changed as I zoomed in!

Dawg