Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jul 24, 2008, 7:52 AM   #31

Thanks for the post vizjerei, interesting report on the 70-200, not only the price but the comparison with the Sigma. I'de be VERY interested in the compo between the DA*50-135, & the Tamron if you get one.:-)
Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2008, 11:25 AM   #32

Well maybe Daniel and I can go out and shot at the same place sometime after he got his 70-200:-) Then you guys can see the difference.
vizjerei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2008, 6:06 PM   #33

vizjerei wrote:
Quote:
Well maybe Daniel and I can go out and shot at the same place sometime after he got his 70-200*:-) Then you guys can see the difference.
Victor,

I cancelled my order already after acquiring my DA200mm. With my Da200mm & FA135mm, I have a lot less need of the zoom now.

Also there has been report of start up QC issue re

http://photo.net/pentax-camera-forum/00Q8de

I will take my time

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2008, 8:05 PM   #34

Ok at 8 pm Mon Sept 1, I got the B&H msg that the lens is actually in stock at B&H.
I cannot go for it as I have got a DA200mm (together with my FA135mm. So Paul or other forum members should go for it.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...9403&is=REG&Q=

I also have hesitation in going ahead for fear of getting return/exchange as most likely I will order that through my daughter in the States. Both return and exchange via a third party is tricky. I will wait until I actually am in NY to have a quick on the spot check on focusing. There has been a very damning report from a Can/Pentax mixer user who got the Canon mount version 2 months ago.

I have to give credit to B&H in that Amazon was taking order in Feb. Only B&H said the expected date was Aug. And it delivers. Period. Kudos to B&H

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote