Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:51 AM   #1

Hello Pentax owners & addicts!

Today I got a Sigma more newer model that my Tamron one, both of them similarly focal length..., what you say about a possibility to exchange among them!?.:P

The price is not close yet...but accept 62mm filters instead the Tamron with 72mm one, most imperative it that focus close that the Tamron...till 0.48cm instead 2.10 meters...which help me a lot...

Attached a photo of the lens mounted on my lovely K10D...together with the box received!

If some of you own or owned in the past this specific Sigma model...please do not hesitate to inform me your cute & experienced input... good or bad...whatever...please!.

Thanks a lot,

Peace,

Alex 007:|

Attached Images

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2008, 7:54 AM   #2
TDN

You have both? Then take them both out for a walk, and see which one you like best...

Usually Sigma and Tamron are very much on the same level, with (the more recent) Tamron lenses a little ahead in terms of build quality.

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 8:12 AM   #3

Hi Tom,

Among us...the advantages of the Sigma...as yet I test it...is that goes "Closer'...that my Tamron one, for me that is very important...secondly the front lens do not rotate...so makes for me much easier to use my 62mm Pola filter with NO problem; third...as I ALWAYS...PP all my photos now with a PSP-9 importing them after PP to my Picasa photo organizer...for mail + posting like I do it today...at my above attached photo...so if...again if...exist sightly differences among the two zoom lenses...really my dear Tom...after PSP-9 PP NO differences!. Period!!!

Just snap both lenses to show the built/size deviations...:?

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jan 24, 2008, 8:29 AM   #4

Here also almost forgot...my first "Check' of this Sigma lens...for your opinion...!?.

At 200mm seems me wide open at "P"...spot measuring setting & as always after PP; why to be insincere...:?

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Jan 24, 2008, 9:23 AM   #5

Hi Alex,

That is the one that I have. I use it on my ist D. I used to have one for the Canon that I had.

For me it is my second most used lens. The first being a Pentax 28-70 f4. I prefer the Sigma.

One more thing is that the Sigma that you have is for full frame/film cameras. I prefer this type of lensrather that the digital versions.

Here is a shot with that lens:

Rudy

Attached Images

bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 9:24 AM   #6

Hi again,

This is another one. Not so good as I was in the darkness of the surronding trees... :G

Rudy
Attached Images

bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 11:34 AM   #7

Hello Rudy,

Thanks for your noble & polite advice...next week I will close the deal...the lens works well...as I always PP all my digitally photos...so NOT a big issue!:P

Your two framed photos looks magnificent!

Peace,

Old Jan 24, 2008, 12:25 PM   #8
TDN

Well Alex, if they are identical in quality, and the Sigma has better close focus and build features, then it sounds like a done deal to me, I would go for the Sigma.

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:55 PM   #9

TDN wrote:
Quote:
Well Alex, if they are identical in quality, and the Sigma has better close focus and build features, then it sounds like a done deal to me, I would go for the Sigma.

Tom
Hello Tom,

Regarding "Quality Built"...don't really know yet...but being the Sigma more newer design, smaller (a little bit as you ca see at my attached photos!), + MOST IMPERATIVE...much close focus possibility...YES...I agree with you I will stay with the Sigma.

Have a nice weekend,

Peace,

Old Jan 25, 2008, 3:05 AM   #10

OK...my dear Pentaxians...today Friday, after cleaning wery well the lens & the sensor & decoded to share with you two photos PP trough my lovely PSP-9 software.

Such objects...as was wind outside...must selected 800 ISO, as SR don't help to much the tree is moving because such breezy day...:P

Here the first one!

Peace,

Attached Images