Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Feb 6, 2008, 9:27 AM   #11

Old Engineer wrote:
Quote:
I bought a Sears 135mm f/2.8 lens on Ebay. I have run it through my own tests, and I think highly of it. When I first tried it I could not focus at infinity. Then I discovered that there isa Macro feature in which you twist out the objective end to one of three stages to get a macro function. When I rotated that end back out of macro I could focus at infinity. This kind of lens appears often on Ebay. I believe it was part of a promotional package sold by Sears. If you can get one of these I believe you will like it for portraitures. They sell cheaply.

Can anyone tell me who made this lens, or where to find that information? For that matter, who, generally, made the Sears and Penney lenses?

Regards, Old Engineer
Quite a few of the ones made in the late 70's and 80's were made by Samyang in Korea. Their Japanese made lens were often Cosinas...I've owned both and gotten very good results with both. Go here and have a look.....
http://www.acecam.com/photography/166.html

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2008, 6:24 AM   #12

fisheye4 wrote:
Quote:
I've been looking to add to my 50 1.4 with either a sigma 28-70 2.8 or the pentax DA* 50-135.* I know that this might be apples to oranges here but does anyone have any experience with the sigma??* Or are there better options out there??* The DA* might be a little pricey yet.
For portrait, there is another Sigma 70-200mmF2.8 APO which costs more than new . And no wonder

I did a quick test in B&H last yr . It is a shame that I did not buy it.

It is an entirely snap shot inside B&H at F3.5 (almost wide open)

If you feel like counting hair, you may look at this

http://www.pbase.com/danieltong/image/74188404/original

Sigma is releasing it shortly.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 8:37 PM   #13

fisheye4 wrote:
Quote:
I've been looking to add to my 50 1.4 with either a sigma 28-70 2.8 or the pentax DA* 50-135.* I know that this might be apples to oranges here but does anyone have any experience with the sigma??* Or are there better options out there??* The DA* might be a little pricey yet.
You have seen a bit now. But with your 50mmF1.4, you have a ready portrait lens.

From my F50mmF1.7. I do not think I posted this before.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 11:30 PM   #14

This is the DA 40 2.8 on a DS, manual focus, tungsten white balance, ISO 400, no flash. My next lens will be the DA 70 2.4
Attached Images

DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote