Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jan 28, 2008, 5:53 PM   #1

OK, I went out yesterday and took a zillion pictures with the tamron 70-300 DI, I love this lens but yesterday proved I needed more lenses. so today I made the leap and Preordered the Tamron AF70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) Macro Who knows when it will be available but when it is, its mine. so with having to wait I really should have walked away from the computer, but I didnt. I went ahead and orderedthe Tamron SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di. and the Tamron SP AF90mm F/2.8 Di Macro and I am on the short list for theSigma APO 300mm F2.8 EX DG/ whenever they get one with a pentax mount, didnt order it YET, but hopefully they will call me later today with an arrival date.

I didnt get any camera stuff for christmas or my birthday, so I decided to take it on myself. Do you think I am in trouble yet? Maybe I should get a BIGMA too.

Terry

2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2008, 6:12 PM   #2
TDN

In trouble? Oh I think we're way past that...

That's a sweet setup though.
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 6:15 PM   #3

terry.
you've a terrible case.. you can probably save a grand and get the pentax smc300/2.8 from ebayforabout $1800 ..

i may be able to put you in touch with someone selling one..

dude, you're really in trouble!!
roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 8:20 PM   #4

robar wrote:
Quote:
terry.
you've a terrible case.. you can probably save a grand and get the pentax smc300/2.8 from ebayforabout $1800 ..

i may be able to put you in touch with someone selling one..

dude, you're really in trouble!!
roy
Terry!! In for a penny in for a pound!! Go ahead and get the Bigma! You know you want it!

After the funeral your wife can send me the lenses she didn't bust! I'll send an address soon!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 9:43 PM   #5

Thanks Dawg,

Appreciate the sentiment. btw Willoughbys has a bigma on ebay, starting price $749 buy it now at $789 price seems ok, but have never delt with them before.

Terry

PS there will be no funeral in the near future, she got a new Ford Escape Hybird for christmas.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:10 PM   #6

2many wrote:
Quote:
OK,┬* I went out yesterday and took a zillion pictures with the tamron 70-300 DI,┬* I love this lens but yesterday proved I needed more lenses.┬* so today I made the leap and Preordered the Tamron AF70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) Macro┬* Who knows when it will be available but when it is,┬* its mine.┬* so with having to wait I really should have walked away from the computer,┬* but I didnt.┬* I went ahead and ordered┬*the ┬*Tamron SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di.┬* and the Tamron SP AF90mm F/2.8 Di Macro[/font] and I am on the short list for the┬*Sigma ┬*APO 300mm F2.8 EX DG/ whenever they get one with a pentax mount,┬* didnt order it YET,┬* but hopefully they will call me later today with an arrival date.┬*┬*┬* I didnt get any camera stuff for christmas or my birthday,┬* so I decided to take it on myself.┬* Do you think I am in trouble yet?┬* Maybe I should get a BIGMA too.
Terry
Terry,
Of all the lenses you mentioned, only 70-300 mm is a duplicate one. You are not that bad.
Why would you want a Bigma ? An 300mm F2.8 with TC will be better optics wise.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:20 PM   #7

Daniel,

The only reason would be to save a bit of money, so I could buy the wife something nice, and I really dont like to use a TC on any lens, and looking at the Big Dawgs progress with the Bigma, makes it look like something to at least consider.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 12:49 AM   #8

You've certainly covered the long end of things quite well. Now when are you going to check out the wide end? I've been having so much fun with the 12-24, that I just had to bring it up. With your terminal case of LBA, you really should think about covering the whole range.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2008, 1:38 AM   #9

Harriet,

Dont get me wrong, there will come a time I will need a wide lens, but most of my photography is wildlife and that calls for LONG LONG lenses. I have been looking at the 12-24 and it is on my list. I love your shots with it. I have also been looking at the DA 14mm F2.8 . But I live in Florida, land of sand and palm trees and no discernable terrain features. I go to Costa Rica a couple times a year and the wide angle would do me well there.

Terry
Old Jan 29, 2008, 3:58 AM   #10

Do you think I am in trouble yet?* Maybe I should get a BIGMA too.

Trouble ....... HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!

How does DEAD MEAT sound!

Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote