Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Mar 20, 2008, 4:15 PM   #21

@Dawg

Today my K 135/2.5 arrived (happy easter!!!) and this is one of the first shots. Focussing is a challenge at f=2.5, but it's well worth practising with such results! Sorry - it's a flower again, but it's already dark outside so this will have to do until I find other subjects.

#1 - full view. *ist DL2 with ISO200, f=2.5, 1/50s, RAW processed in PPL, sharpness=-3 ("soft" setting). Layer duplicated and negative multiply 80% to adjust brightness a tad, no other postprocessing.

#2 - detail1. 1:1 crop.

#3 - detail2. 1:1 crop.

First impression: I noticed some CA but other than that this is the image quality I was looking for. Lot's of detail, good colors & contrast and a nice bokeh. Handling is a dream btw. - it's very solid but works smooth and precise.

I'll add 2-3 other shots when I find a good subject so you can have a closer look.

Regards,
Th

P.S. If you are interested in a special test, just let me know.

*************** Update *************

Here's another - the crisps again (I used these for the Kiron 80-200 shots too).

#4 - full view, ISO800 this time, f=2.5

#5 detail. Remember this is with sharpness=-3 settings in PPL and other sliders in middle position!

thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 7:00 PM   #22

Very good IQ. They could stand a little more exposure to my eyes but that may just be my old CRT at work. Very very nice. You said something about a test...what is it?

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:31 AM   #23

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Very good IQ. They could stand a little more exposure to my eyes but that may just be my old CRT at work. Very very nice. You said something about a test...what is it?

Dawg
Hello Dawg,
I just thought if you wanted to know something special (special target, special lighting situation etc.) I could try to take some photos so you can see what they look like with that lense. Was kind of an offer to help you with your decision.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote