Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Mar 11, 2008, 8:42 AM   #1
TC3

Coming from a Japan store that has a good rep. Will be here (UK) next week and am looking forward to it as been waiting a year for the Pentax mount. Really wanted one for a trip to Dublin at end of month and hopefully it will not have any faults. The store has a 3 year warranty on it and the year warranty by Japan Tamron. Was cheap enough that i could send it out there a couple of times if need be and still will be cheaper than a UK model once they come out.

To me it is worth taking the risk
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2008, 5:43 PM   #2

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
Coming from a Japan store that has a good rep. Will be here (UK) next week and am looking forward to it as been waiting a year for the Pentax mount. Really wanted one for a trip to Dublin at end of month and hopefully it will not have any faults. The store has a 3 year warranty on it and the year warranty by Japan Tamron. Was cheap enough that i could send it out there a couple of times if need be and still will be cheaper than a UK model once they come out.

To me it is worth taking the risk
It has pretty good review in other mount. A fast zoom is always handy . Hope the 70-200mm will come out shortly too. Look forward to you posting some images of the long-awaited zoom

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 5:39 PM   #3
TC3

Should have it in 4 days Daniel as it was posted by EMS today. I have come across maybe 6 owners of the Pentax mount now and 2 are not happy with theirs. Look for ward to testing mine and will post any decent pics i may have....or pics showing why i am not impressed

Tony
Old Mar 19, 2008, 9:27 PM   #4

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
Should have it in 4 days Daniel as it was posted by EMS today. I have come across maybe 6 owners of the Pentax mount now and 2 are not happy with theirs. Look for ward to testing mine and will post any decent pics i may have....or pics showing why i am not impressed

Tony
Seems that you have got the lens and have returned it because of focus issue. Anyway I hope there are more silent purchasers who are happy with the lens which has every reason/credentials to be a great semi-pro zoom

Daniel
Old Mar 20, 2008, 12:22 AM   #5

The Tammy 17-50 is a very good lens. I have one with another make and I use it as a walk around lens in urban settings. The weather is getting better here and I can't wait to do some serious shutter time in street photography.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2008, 2:57 PM   #6
TC3

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
TC3 wrote:
Quote:

Tony
Seems that you have got the lens and have returned it because of focus issue. Anyway I hope there are more silent purchasers who are happy with the lens which has every reason/credentials to be a great semi-pro zoom

Daniel
Hi Daniel....you are right of course. It had bad front focus but the object in the shot that was in focus was nice and sharp at 2.8 so i will be getting another hopefully next week from a local shop. I was just unlucky and it was good of the seller to offer a refund in full.....wont be buying from Japan again though and will stick to the UK
Old Apr 4, 2008, 5:35 AM   #7

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=27435315

Hope it is simple FF / BF which is easy to finetune. But if the optic setup is screwed, it will be difficult to fix without redesigning. Zoom design is a lot more difficult to handle than prime lens
Why would Tamron screw up so much for a simple re-issue in Pentax mount (from Nikon mount)?
Or there were actually a lot of happy but silent new purchaser? Surely some will come up in defense of the new lens. Mind-bogging indeed.

Daniel