Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:23 PM   #11

No argument, montecarlo, that the speed of the 35 would be nice. But as I said above, the pancake form factor won out in my decision. I'm coming from the rangefinder world and wanted to keep my rig as physically small as possible (you know that old saying about no camera/lens being any good if you don't bothercarrying itbecause it's too big & heavy). And I have older screwmount lenses that are plenty fast (35/2 & 50/1.4) should I need the speed, although they aren't autofocus of course. So far I'm loving the 40/2.8 pancake and am very happy with my decision.

-Randy
vrgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2008, 7:52 PM   #12

vrgard wrote:
Quote:
No argument, montecarlo, that the speed of the 35 would be nice. But as I said above, the pancake form factor won out in my decision. I'm coming from the rangefinder world and wanted to keep my rig as physically small as possible (you know that old saying about no camera/lens being any good if you don't bothercarrying itbecause it's too big & heavy). And I have older screwmount lenses that are plenty fast (35/2 & 50/1.4) should I need the speed, although they aren't autofocus of course. So far I'm loving the 40/2.8 pancake and am very happy with my decision.

-Randy
Glad you are enjoying the lens-best one for what I do.

dmjjr
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2008, 9:06 PM   #13

Thanks, dmjjr. Hopefully I can achieve results at least close to yours!

-Randy
vrgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:07 PM   #14

I'm sure you will-let's see some shots!
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote