Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Apr 28, 2008, 2:15 PM   #11

ishino wrote:
Quote:
pentax limited lenses are my favorites. i own the fa 43 and 77, and the da 40.

i love the pancake form factor, but i think the fa limiteds render better than their da counterparts. plus the fa limiteds have a wider aperture and are still relatively portable.

i am still not sold on the da* 16-50, but the 50-135 is a definite keeper.
Yes, I looked at the FA limiteds too, but the numbers added up too quickly!
bruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 2:20 PM   #12

Thanks for your reply Daniel. Considering that I already have the FA50 the DA-40 doesn't make much sense. Adding the DA-21 and 70 would be nice. I think I'd do it if i lived in a city, but back at home the news zooms should be a better fit.

Anyways, I have a long way to go before I can outgrow my current kit! The nice thing about the kit zooms is that they have reasonable quality and are small and lightweight -- nice for travel. I'll see how it goes.
bruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 9:51 PM   #13

bruder wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for your reply Daniel.** Considering that I already have the FA50 the DA-40 doesn't make much sense.* Adding the DA-21 and 70 would be nice.* I think I'd do it if i lived in a city, but back at home the news zooms should be a better fit.

Anyways, I have a long way to go before I can outgrow my current kit!* The nice thing about the kit zooms is that they have reasonable quality and are small and lightweight -- nice for travel.* I'll see how it goes.
There has been a lot of great competition around 40mm which is a good thing that include FA35mm and FA43mm Ltd not to mention the popular FA50mm. The kit lens is a capable, convenient yet affordable alternative. Post more image when you settle down

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2008, 11:56 PM   #14

Okay, so the 40 is not as standard a focal length. But its size is unbeatable. And I haven't had any trouble finding or using the focusing ring (but then I'm more used to small rangefinder lens rather than large lens on digital slrs). Bottom line is I really like the DA40 on my K100D Super. Great IQ and makes for a wonderfully small carry around kit.
vrgard is offline   Reply With Quote